ADVERTISEMENT

The new TV season absolutely sucks!!!

divinnole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
I don't have a tremendous amount of current TV programs that I really like, but I was really looking forward to the new season since the last one was cut short and the break in between seasons was months longer than ever. But to say the new season has been a disappointment would be a huge understatement. My favorite shows for years has been the NCIS series, Blue Bloods, Seal Team and the FBI shows. With exceptions of Blue Bloods and Seal Team the others have tried so hard to be PC and show they are so sensitive to the plight of every offended person the shows have lost all appeal for me. NCIS New Orleans actually lost me a couple of years ago when Chris Lasalle left the show. The replacement for him does not play the part well and the two women agents on there are just ridiculous. NCIS LA had become my favorite but the new characters and some of the story lines are just plain silly. This past week the banter back and forth between Fatima and agent Roundtree was middle school like at best but closer to just plain stupid. Heard more foul language between those two (although many don't consider "bitch" foul language) than on the previous 12 seasons combined. I think they could both be worked into more serious roles on the show but so far they have been disappointments. The original NCIS season has done the proverbial jumped the shark and it is has more than ran it's course. The new season lacks decent story lines although not sure what new they could come up with after 90 seasons (serious exaggeration I know) It is like both LA and the original are trying so hard to soften the characters and not offend anyone the shows suck!!!!

Blue Bloods has been the one saving show for me. They have handled some issues yanked from the headlines but have done so with a sense of reality to it, and have done so by reacting to individual actions and not casting a net covering a whole section of people. They have addressed police not patrolling some neighborhoods but at the same time address the danger faced by police and the unwillingness of some of those neighborhoods to get involved and help the police. Seal Team never gets deep into political issues other than those facing the special forces. It has been good this new season but you get the feeling the end of the series is not in the to distant future.

Admittedly I have not watched but one show each of the new FBI shows. One was very good, one was not. I have 3 of each of those recorded and I am going to try and watch at 2 of each over the weekend and give them another chance.

Has the new season been any good for your favorite shows?

Reactions: Bartdog and fsufool
I don't have a tremendous amount of current TV programs that I really like, but I was really looking forward to the new season since the last one was cut short and the break in between seasons was months longer than ever. But to say the new season has been a disappointment would be a huge understatement. My favorite shows for years has been the NCIS series, Blue Bloods, Seal Team and the FBI shows. With exceptions of Blue Bloods and Seal Team the others have tried so hard to be PC and show they are so sensitive to the plight of every offended person the shows have lost all appeal for me. NCIS New Orleans actually lost me a couple of years ago when Chris Lasalle left the show. The replacement for him does not play the part well and the two women agents on there are just ridiculous. NCIS LA had become my favorite but the new characters and some of the story lines are just plain silly. This past week the banter back and forth between Fatima and agent Roundtree was middle school like at best but closer to just plain stupid. Heard more foul language between those two (although many don't consider "bitch" foul language) than on the previous 12 seasons combined. I think they could both be worked into more serious roles on the show but so far they have been disappointments. The original NCIS season has done the proverbial jumped the shark and it is has more than ran it's course. The new season lacks decent story lines although not sure what new they could come up with after 90 seasons (serious exaggeration I know) It is like both LA and the original are trying so hard to soften the characters and not offend anyone the shows suck!!!!

Blue Bloods has been the one saving show for me. They have handled some issues yanked from the headlines but have done so with a sense of reality to it, and have done so by reacting to individual actions and not casting a net covering a whole section of people. They have addressed police not patrolling some neighborhoods but at the same time address the danger faced by police and the unwillingness of some of those neighborhoods to get involved and help the police. Seal Team never gets deep into political issues other than those facing the special forces. It has been good this new season but you get the feeling the end of the series is not in the to distant future.

Admittedly I have not watched but one show each of the new FBI shows. One was very good, one was not. I have 3 of each of those recorded and I am going to try and watch at 2 of each over the weekend and give them another chance.

I'm looking forward to the new Yellowstone season, but I don't think it starts until the summer. Those cats are bad ass...

I'm looking forward to the new Yellowstone season, but I don't think it starts until the summer. Those cats are bad ass...
I am not a prude at all, have worked construction for years no I teach welding so I have heard plenty of foul language, but I am not going to sit around an listen to it during the evening in my house. Yellowstone is a show I think I would enjoy with out all the foul language. I watched the first two shows and I love the scenery and storyline. IMO opinion the foul language adds nothing of substance at all to the show.

I am not a prude at all, have worked construction for years no I teach welding so I have heard plenty of foul language, but I am not going to sit around an listen to it during the evening in my house. Yellowstone is a show I think I would enjoy with out all the foul language. I watched the first two shows and I love the scenery and storyline. IMO opinion the foul language adds nothing of substance at all to the show.
It is certainly not for everyone.

Of all the shows OP mentioned I like the two FBI series the best. If people watched these it might make you aware of how much the government can indeed watch you and your "previously" private life, but I do like the characters portrayed on the show.
I used to be a fan of NCIS/LA and NCIS/NOLA but their story lines have become sort of silly.

I tried to get into Yellowstone but just couldn't, wife loves it. I'm not a fan of Costner in a lot of what he has been in. Kelsey Chow is nice to look at though. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: hatsbo
Network TV has gone to hell in a hand basket. PC agendas fill the story lines. It will wind up dying a slow death.
I haven’t watched a network show in years. I can’t imagine why anyone does. Their ratings must be in the trash with all the great content on the streaming platforms/HBO/Showtime/etc

I haven’t watched a network show in years. I can’t imagine why anyone does. Their ratings must be in the trash with all the great content on the streaming platforms/HBO/Showtime/etc
I watch PBS Brit shows, mostly Masterpiece. The FBI shows on network are literally the only ones I watch anymore. Otherwise it's HGTV, Food Network, History Channel or HBO.

^^^^. I remember as a kid basically having a mental mastery of everything that was on network TV every night (only 3 networks). Times were simpler then -- no computers, cell phones, or 289 channels -- and I was a kid. Now I have NO IDEA what is on TV, and generally don't care. Exhausted every might after processing hundreds of emails, calls, etc.

"Adulting" is not always as fun as I thought it might be. :)

Have patience, network tv watchers: CBS is working on digging up Gil Grissom’s grave and bringing his main sidekick out of mothballs. Stay tuned!

You should try VidAngel....you can filter anything to your liking. I watched all the seasons of Yellowstone without any f bombs or other things I don’t care to hear/see. It’s also great if you have kids at home to be able to filter.

You should try VidAngel....you can filter anything to your liking. I watched all the seasons of Yellowstone without any f bombs or other things I don’t care to hear/see. It’s also great if you have kids at home to be able to filter.

I had never heard of this service and thank you for the info.

Reactions: mjpwooo and goldmom
Network TV has gone to hell in a hand basket. PC agendas fill the story lines. It will wind up dying a slow death.
Agreed most current network "Dramas" fill a very narrow range of ideas dominated by the current narrative that ALL first responders and military are heroic saintly figures. Don't get me wrong some of these shows are very well done. I for one much prefer trying to make mind up as to who is a hero or villian as like Dexter or Nancy Botwin or even Hank Moody.

Reactions: Cato Nole

Blue Bloods and NCIS are my favorites.too. I only watch them and college sports on the Networks.

Reactions: goldmom

New-season of Vikings has been terrible I got into watching Cobra Kai cause I was so into Karate kid as a child. So I've enjoyed the nostalgia of that show even if it's super cheesy. I'm late to the party but have been watching a lot of Ray Donovan always been a huge fan of Jon Voight so that show has been really good.

I watch PBS Brit shows, mostly Masterpiece. The FBI shows on network are literally the only ones I watch anymore. Otherwise it's HGTV, Food Network, History Channel or HBO.
We've been watching a lot of those in the last year. We just finished the Endeavor series and All Creatures Great and Small (2020).

I've enjoyed Big Sky thus far. I think it has a lot to do with the very bold move they made in the episode 1 storyline but I'm still watching so it worked.

Reactions: 89nole
New-season of Vikings has been terrible I got into watching Cobra Kai cause I was so into Karate kid as a child. So I've enjoyed the nostalgia of that show even if it's super cheesy. I'm late to the party but have been watching a lot of Ray Donovan always been a huge fan of Jon Voight so that show has been really good.
Vikings and RD have something in common: first few seasons are tremendous, the last few suck

Did anyone else watch the premiere of “Clarice” last night?
5/10 for me.

That doesn't sound like a good endorsement for a premiere. What did you not like about it? I liked the first move but wasn't that thrilled with the sequel and wasn't planning on watching Clarice unless everyone started suggesting it as a must watch.

The actress looks like she’s 15. The lead guy who is senior FBI Was in Band of Brothers but plays a jerk in this show. Just seemed to be all about Clarice’s extreme PTSD.

Did anyone else watch the premiere of “Clarice” last night?
5/10 for me.
"Clarice... What did the inmate say to you on the way in?" Was he speaking about a certain fragrance? Please tell me more Clarice.... I'm listening.....
I missed the premiere and will give it a 3/10 as in any sequel or copycat.......
Anthony

I stumbled on to an older British comedy on Netflix named "The IT Crowd". I believe it ran until 2013 for about 5 seasons. The first episode took a little getting used to by the third episode I was crying due to laughing so hard. I don't know how the other shows turn out but it was very entertaining so far.

Couldn't agree more with your analysis. Those had been some of my favorite shows, but have really gone down hill. NCIS LA has been trying to find new plots with the characters, but they seem to just miss. The new actors were promising, but as you said the banter is sophomoric. Without Heddy they seem lost.

Of all the shows OP mentioned I like the two FBI series the best. If people watched these it might make you aware of how much the government can indeed watch you and your "previously" private life, but I do like the characters portrayed on the show.
I used to be a fan of NCIS/LA and NCIS/NOLA but their story lines have become sort of silly.

The first season of "Zoey's extraordinary playlist" was good if you like music. Second season has gotten waylayed with the race thing, but hopefully it will move on. MacGyver is still pretty good. Home Town on HGTV if you like home remodels shows; this one is in Mississippi. My wife loves the Chicago's (Fire, Med, PD), but they are just silly to me. If you get HULU, Little Fires Everywhere was pretty good. "This is Us" is unique and my wife really likes that one. "The Resident" is one of the few medical shows I like. I still watch Hawaii five-O for the scenery. I watch "Bull" just because I use to do that work, but they have been struggling since COVID to regain decent plotlines.

Has anyone watched "Nomadland"?

On Prime, we are addicted to "The Expanse." "Tin Star" is getting pretty interesting. Sneaky Pete, Flea Bag, Undone, Hanna, Homecoming, Upload, Jack Ryan, Bosch, DCI Banks (loved the books) Mrs. America and Dead Like Me were at least interesting.

Reactions: hatsbo
The actress looks like she’s 15. The lead guy who is senior FBI Was in Band of Brothers but plays a jerk in this show. Just seemed to be all about Clarice’s extreme PTSD.
It got much better after the first episode. Took a big twist in the second episode. Yes the PTSD visions are annoying but that's not most of the show. We like it.

Couple of shows I've watched lately that we're good:

The Right Stuff - Disney
For All Mankind - Apple TV
Tehran - Apple TV

The first season of "Zoey's extraordinary playlist" was good if you like music. Second season has gotten waylayed with the race thing, but hopefully it will move on. MacGyver is still pretty good. Home Town on HGTV if you like home remodels shows; this one is in Mississippi. My wife loves the Chicago's (Fire, Med, PD), but they are just silly to me. If you get HULU, Little Fires Everywhere was pretty good. "This is Us" is unique and my wife really likes that one. "The Resident" is one of the few medical shows I like. I still watch Hawaii five-O for the scenery. I watch "Bull" just because I use to do that work, but they have been struggling since COVID to regain decent plotlines.

Has anyone watched "Nomadland"?

On Prime, we are addicted to "The Expanse." "Tin Star" is getting pretty interesting. Sneaky Pete, Flea Bag, Undone, Hanna, Homecoming, Upload, Jack Ryan, Bosch, DCI Banks (loved the books) Mrs. America and Dead Like Me were at least interesting.
Wondered where the Expanse had gone, really enjoyed that show. I don't watch Prime too much but will catch up. Just started watching "Raised by Wolves" on HBO Max, it has potential and is also Scifi.

Reactions: nynole1
Wondered where the Expanse had gone, really enjoyed that show. I don't watch Prime too much but will catch up. Just started watching "Raised by Wolves" on HBO Max, it has potential and is also Scifi.
Expanse dropped there new season a couple months ago. Have to wait until next year for the next season.

264jng.jpg

I still like to watch the Beave and Eddie Haskell. I always like Barney's one bullet theory as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT