ADVERTISEMENT

The Official LR College Gameday Drinking Game Thread

Hmm. What to drink tonight....

Honestly, I've been on a Sidecar kick recently using the Kirklands/Costco XO Cognac I "discovered" as being better than XO cognacs five to ten times the price and some Grand Marnier. But a B&B with it (just Benedictine and the Costco XO cognac) also sounds like a plan.

For the last "drinking event" I took part in the (the solar eclipse) we were with some Brazilians so we just did caipirinhas and tried some different spiced rums in a mix of pineapple, mango and guava juice (oddly enough everyone agreed Sailor Jerry's beat the higher end stuff). So I'm definitely skipping the rum and cola I usually do as a go to for games.

Personally, I think the best game tonight is Okie St. & Tulsa...arguably the two best offenses in cfb.

Personally, I think the best game tonight is Okie St. & Tulsa...arguably the two best offenses in cfb.

It's definitely not Ohio State vs Indiana.

I'd keep an eye on North Dakota vs Utah. That would could end up being a good game. ND ended up only 7-4 last year in FCS but they played in one of the two toughest conferences there and return a ton of players. They're a solid dark horse pick to win the FCS this year and we all know how top tier FCS teams do against mid tier P5s. (If not, North Dakota State beat Iowa last year, Portland State beat Washington State (2015), Citadel beat South Carolina (2015), Eastern Washington beat Oregon State (2015), James Madison beat Virginia Tech, Richmond beat Virginia (2016), and plenty more. And of course Appalachian State beat Michigan, Georgia Southern beat Florida and my William and Mary Tribe beat lowly Virginia.

Reactions: NoleLizards
This post is pointless w/o pics of Brazilians. :p

Wrong kind of Brazilians. It was my cousin's husband and his professional soccer buddies. Unless you're into that, in which case....that's fine but I don't have any pictures of that anyways as that's not my bag baby.

It's definitely not Ohio State vs Indiana.

I'd keep an eye on North Dakota vs Utah. That would could end up being a good game. ND ended up only 7-4 last year in FCS but they played in one of the two toughest conferences there and return a ton of players. They're a solid dark horse pick to win the FCS this year and we all know how top tier FCS teams do against mid tier P5s. (If not, North Dakota State beat Iowa last year, Portland State beat Washington State (2015), Citadel beat South Carolina (2015), Eastern Washington beat Oregon State (2015), James Madison beat Virginia Tech, Richmond beat Virginia (2016), and plenty more. And of course Appalachian State beat Michigan, Georgia Southern beat Florida and my William and Mary Tribe beat lowly Virginia.
Portland St. gave BYU fits last week.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Wrong kind of Brazilians. It was my cousin's husband and his professional soccer buddies. Unless you're into that, in which case....that's fine but I don't have any pictures of that anyways as that's not my bag baby.
As a Chelsea fan, I have developed a fondness for particular Brazilian soccer players (pics not necessary).

Last edited:
Best thread I have seen in a while! :D

Unfortunately, my boyfriend is a Buckeye fan....but I will secretly be rooting for the opposing teams each week!

24 hours and I am headed to Atlanta.....GO NOLES!!!!
He must be special

Ahhhh the Fall. It ushers in my two favorite Tallahassee blood sports -
College football and Sorority Rush

21224155_114244509282163_1472822583052206080_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/216159907/the-zeta-tau-alphas-at-florida-state/

Last edited:
Reactions: Bartdog
Is there a way to get the Pac-12 network?? I want to watch Colorado/CSU tonight.

There's a couple of good games tonight. I think the tightest will be Colorado vs CSU on the PAC-12 network, but I will also be recording and flipping back and forth with BC vs NIU on CBSSN and Kiffin's Krimson Korner South at Navy on ESPNU. The "big games" of Washington vs Rutgers and Wisconsin vs Utah State I think will be blowouts. But you never know, for three quarters Indiana held tight with Ohio State and made it for enjoyable watching until the eventual blowout happened.

There's a couple of good games tonight. I think the tightest will be Colorado vs CSU on the PAC-12 network, but I will also be recording and flipping back and forth with BC vs NIU on CBSSN and Kiffin's Krimson Korner South at Navy on ESPNU. The "big games" of Washington vs Rutgers and Wisconsin vs Utah State I think will be blowouts. But you never know, for three quarters Indiana held tight with Ohio State and made it for enjoyable watching until the eventual blowout happened.
I dunno...Wisky's made a recent habit of struggling against their non-conference "cupcakes" in recent years...including Utah St. just a few years back.

I dunno...Wisky's made a recent habit of struggling against their non-conference "cupcakes" in recent years...including Utah St. just a few years back.

True but Utah State has gotten worse every year under their current coach who finished 3-9 last year. (In 2014 they went 10-4, in 2015 they went 6-7 and last year went 3-9 so the trajectory for your coach is not good). I don't think we'll see much from Utah State. If it's close it will be because Whiskey is bad and it's a terrible game.

Reactions: NoleLizards
True....Btut Wisky struggled against Georgia St. (who lost to an FCS team last night) last year, as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT