ADVERTISEMENT

The Official LR College Gameday Drinking Game Thread!

Well the refs tried to steal it from us, but then we stole it right back!

WeepyUnderstatedAmberpenshell-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: noleclone2
Just saw the footage ... so Jimbo decides the best way to deal with a player who can’t control his emotions and actions and then assaults a player is to not control his own emotions and actions and then assault his own player??

Just saw the footage ... so Jimbo decides the best way to deal with a player who can’t control his emotions and actions and then assaults a player is to not control his own emotions and actions and then assault his own player??
Tyrel Dodson went to my kids' high school...my son knows him. I HATE the fact that he's playing for that carpetbagger.

Last edited:
Reactions: RTM58
Willie T says he feels like they took it, did not steal it.
Saw the opportunity and took it.

Yep, and I am glad he is putting a positive spin on it. He is the boss, manager, chief. The players need to know that he supports them. I, however, can be a bit more honest on a internet forum. We won the only and final statistic that matters as well as the turnover margin. UL "won" every other major metric.

Watch this until the very end. Willie T. has embraced the total culture and teaches his kids to buy into FSU history. Did the Fisher boy ever learn our fight song?

http://seminoles.com/fsu-vs-louisville-highlights-5/

Throw off on him if you wish, the guy is who you wish we would hire as a coach. My lord, the cat before him left his disarray and incompetence behind to be cleaned up.
I think the world of Mr Taggert. He is a man I would wish my son or daughter to compete with in any or all sports.
The thing that is most important to fans and followers is that his system/plan is gonna win out.
Be patient he/she of little faith. FSU football was slowly but certainly left to a group whom couldn’t or wouldn’t go the extra yard to maintain the culture that existed for decades.
The cat was too dang big for his britches as my mom says, and he smoked the school that at one time he pledged allegiance to....
Willie T. has embraced the school, the kids, and the alumna full tilt boogie. Some think that is not enough, and , maybe rightfully so. My question is, how quickly would you expect a resurgence to occur?
Watch and wait, Nole Nation. FSU will soon enough assume a place at the big boyz table in NCAA football... just like we sit in Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Baseball, etc...

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
I have no question about Willie's loyalty or character. I think he has a positive effect on teaching these young men very valuable life lessons. Nevertheless, he has not been impressive with what the team shows on the field. I am hopeful that this will change in time.

Watch this until the very end. Willie T. has embraced the total culture and teaches his kids to buy into FSU history. Did the Fisher boy ever learn our fight song?

http://seminoles.com/fsu-vs-louisville-highlights-5/

Throw off on him if you wish, the guy is who you wish we would hire as a coach. My lord, the cat before him left his disarray and incompetence behind to be cleaned up.
I think the world of Mr Taggert. He is a man I would wish my son or daughter to compete with in any or all sports.
The thing that is most important to fans and followers is that his system/plan is gonna win out.
Be patient he/she of little faith. FSU football was slowly but certainly left to a group whom couldn’t or wouldn’t go the extra yard to maintain the culture that existed for decades.
The cat was too dang big for his britches as my mom says, and he smoked the school that at one time he pledged allegiance to....
Willie T. has embraced the school, the kids, and the alumna full tilt boogie. Some think that is not enough, and , maybe rightfully so. My question is, how quickly would you expect a resurgence to occur?
Watch and wait, Nole Nation. FSU will soon enough assume a place at the big boyz table in NCAA football... just like we sit in Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Baseball, etc...

As far as the new coaches in 2018, Taggart is squarely in the middle when it comes to success. And almost all of those with better records are at schools whose coaches left for promotions (like UCF and Oregon) while those who fired coaches are usually doing quite poorly.

Josh Heupel (UCF) 4-0
Mario Cristobal (Oregon) 4-1
Dan Mullen (Hogtown CC) 4-1
Chad Lunsford (Georgia Southern) 3-1
Willie Taggart (FSU) 3-2
Jimbo Fisher (aTm) 3-2
Joe Moorehead (Miss State) 3-2
Matt Luke (Ole Miss) 3-2
Herm Edwards (ASU) 3-2
Sonny Dykes (SMU) 2-3
Kevin Sumlin (Arizona) 2-3
Jeremy Pruitt (Tennessee) 2-3
Billy Napier (Louisiana) 1-3
Jonathan Smith (Oregon State) 1-4
Mike Blomgren (Rice) 1-4
Steve Campbell (South Alabama) 1-4
Sean Lewis (Kent State) 1-4
Chad Morris (Arkansas) 1-4
Scott Frost (Nebraska) 0-4
Chip Kelly (UCLA) 0-4

Donnie Dimel (UTEP) 0-5

As far as the new coaches in 2018, Taggart is squarely in the middle when it comes to success. And almost all of those with better records are at schools whose coaches left for promotions (like UCF and Oregon) while those who fired coaches are usually doing quite poorly.

Josh Heupel (UCF) 4-0
Willie Taggart (FSU) 3-2
Jimbo Fisher (aTm) 3-2
Matt Luke (Ole Miss) 3-2
Herm Edwards (ASU) 3-2
Sonny Dykes (SMU) 2-3
Mike Blomgren (Rice) 1-4
Chip Kelly (UCLA) 0-4

Donnie Dimel (UTEP) 0-5

And look! That new Texas Auto and Money coach has the SAME record as Willie, despite all the money, facilities, resources and....gasp! an indoor practice facility. How can that be? I'm warming to Willie more and more every day. I'll help take our lumps this year, and look forward to the future--a class program with a class coach.
Edit--unless, of course, we lose to the Gators. Then all bets are off the table. :D

Are you implying I am "throw<ing> off on him" ?
Nope. I am not singling any one out. I just suggest that it will take time. FSU is a place players will gravitate to, but only if they see that it will be good for them and others...

And look! That new Texas Auto and Money coach has the SAME record as Willie, despite all the money, facilities, resources and....gasp! an indoor practice facility. How can that be? I'm warming to Willie more and more every day. I'll help take our lumps this year, and look forward to the future--a class program with a class coach.
Edit--unless, of course, we lose to the Gators. Then all bets are off the table. :D

I have no love for the way Jimbo ended it with us, but losses to Clemson (by 2 points) and Alabama aren't quite comparable to getting blown out by VTech at home and blown out by Syracuse. Winning on comebacks to Samford and a depleted Lamar Jackson-less Louisville also aren't ideal wins.

Now is the time to show up. FMFFM!!!

I have no question about Willie's loyalty or character. I think he has a positive effect on teaching these young men very valuable life lessons. Nevertheless, he has not been impressive with what the team shows on the field. I am hopeful that this will change in time.
Hey, can’t argue about the product to this point. Why would we expect better than what Odell salvaged last season? Already have three wins and that trumps last year at this point...
Do you remember at what point that Willie T had the chance to begin recruiting for FSU? Jeez, he pulled together a devastated recruiting season. It will not be a championship season this year. Does that mean that the coach must go? Good luck with another one.

Last edited:
I have no love for the way Jimbo ended it with us, but losses to Clemson (by 2 points) and Alabama aren't quite comparable to getting blown out by VTech at home and blown out by Syracuse. Winning on comebacks to Samford and a depleted Lamar Jackson-less Louisville also aren't ideal wins.

Now is the time to show up. FMFFM!!!
I would remind you of UL two years ago and BC last season.

Yep. Perspective is enlightening. Wins are wins. The kids are beginning to gel. The end of this season is gonna be composed of a better team than now...

Josh Heupel (UCF) 4-0
Willie Taggart (FSU) 3-2
Jimbo Fisher (aTm) 3-2
Matt Luke (Ole Miss) 3-2
Herm Edwards (ASU) 3-2
Sonny Dykes (SMU) 2-3
Mike Blomgren (Rice) 1-4
Chip Kelly (UCLA) 0-4

Donnie Dimel (UTEP) 0-5

We need to get the update on this by the end of the season just to see how a full year goes. Consider that your homework due after bowl season.

Josh Heupel (UCF) 4-0
Willie Taggart (FSU) 3-2
Jimbo Fisher (aTm) 3-2
Matt Luke (Ole Miss) 3-2
Herm Edwards (ASU) 3-2
Sonny Dykes (SMU) 2-3
Mike Blomgren (Rice) 1-4
Chip Kelly (UCLA) 0-4

Donnie Dimel (UTEP) 0-5
Does this list suggest that Willie T left a stocked cupboard at Oregon? What, what?

Nope. I am not singling any one out. I just suggest that it will take time. FSU is a place players will gravitate to, but only if they see that it will be good for them and others...

I agree. I can support him AND say that we stole a win. Being that FSU didn't lead the game until 2:00 ish left in the game and we had a <2% chance of winning until Pass decided to throw a very ill-advised ball, I'd say stealing it is fair. But FSU owed UL from some seasons past. If FSU makes it to a bowl this season, I'll be happy. I wanted a 10-2 season, but with the way Jimbo left the program.... lots of work to do.

Reactions: billanole
Stealing a win is something I can agree with. Let’s Go Noles!,
Just for grins, I gotta feel that this team will surprise many later this season. They will show out.

Exactly, especially the Louisville loss. It's not like Louisville that year ended up having a great season, they ended up 9-4 which is probably right around where I'd have Syracuse right now. Syracuse went into Clemson and would have won if not for the ACC refs purposefully throwing the game to keep Clemson in the playoff hunt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT