ADVERTISEMENT

"The Voided Contract"

NOLEurROLE

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Nov 27, 2011
Ok I'll try to explain this, but it's almost unbelievable.

Early on the contract was signed by Bob along with other multiple candidates, but Thrasher accidentally ripped up all but one contract including Bob's. Thrasher then fed Bob a BS story that Bob wasn't buying.

As you can imagine this was a big blow with Bob's trust he had built with Thrasher. But after multiple meetings Thrasher was able to convince Bob to resign the contract after he upped the ante on the contract from $7 million to $10 million (hence the "Renaissance of FSU Football" letter that was sent out requesting booster contribution upgrades).

The announcement was set for Tuesday, hence the painted field and press room setup prior. The evening prior to the press conference Bob's plane lands in Thomasville, which jives with Noles128's story. Bob meets with Thrasher and prominent boosters to wrap up loose ends and it's a done deal.

Bob and his attorney decided to grab a bite to eat and review the revised contract so they were ushered in the back door of a popular restaurant. After sitting there they overheard a bald man discussing the FSU job. So Bob gets up and walks over to the table. The bald gentleman happened to be James Franklin who was sitting there at Denny's eating a grand slam with two eggs over easy, bacon, and pancakes while sipping on some apple juice. Bob asks Franklin "what are you doing here?" Franklin responds "I'm here for my press conference tomorrow". Realizing they've both been played they both contact Thrasher and cancel the press conference (hence the stage being taken down).

Remember the one contract that wasn't ripped up mentioned above? It was Urban Meyer's and it's been Urban Meyer all along!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News