ADVERTISEMENT

Today was the best day I've ever had on Warchant. (More than 20 years!!)

Nole Animal

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Stuart, FL
I've been here a long time. So long, the details of my early days here have become fuzzy to me. I remember fsunoles.com - so I know it was prior to the 1999 National Championship run. And until now, those were my favorite days. I had some great stories about going to New Orleans. Fsuforeverandever and hiring Jimbo Fisher were pretty fun. 2013 Pitt, Clemson, and of course Auburn were pretty incredible.

But none of them matched reading and viewing everything on this board today. Thanks @Dot Com for giving us such a great platform for doing this. And despite the moments of incredible sadness I have felt today. I don't want it to be over. Because I think that's part of what has made it so sad for me. As the crew on the call-in show talked about- this is the end of an era. I've been struggling a lot lately with where college football is headed. The playoffs, the NIL, FSUs recent ineptitude on the gridiron - it's all so different now from when FSU and Bobby were at their height in the 90s. Even my close family members who I shared passionate FSU bonds with have mostly passed on or grown apart.

Please don't turn this into a debate about whether the future of college football is better or worse. I don't think anyone can disagree that it's going to be drastically different. And Bowden's passing only emphasizes that. So I really wanted to hold on to today as the night wore on. As I am writing this, I just noticed it hit midnight and yesterday is gone. But it sure was great to be transported back to those heady days, full of great memories.

So thanks again to Warchant and everyone who came here to share stories and take me back to better days. And maybe, just maybe- we will be lucky enough to recapture the magic again in Doak on Sept. 5th.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News