ADVERTISEMENT

Trans Siberian Orchestra

QuaZ2002

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Whos seen them? Worth checking out for one of their Christmas shows?

Whos seen them? Worth checking out for one of their Christmas shows?

They used to play every year for free at Universal so I've seen them 3 or 4 times. I enjoyed it for the most part, the only problem for me was that they would always end the concert with 6 or so songs they created for the live Grinchmas Show at Universal and as the TransSiberian Orchestra was at night and I would have already seen the live Grinchmas show earlier in the day. So I usually skipped out when the Grinchmas songs started.

My wife on the other hand HATED them. Just absolutely hated everything about it. So she was happy that Universal did not renew their live performances this year.

They used to play every year for free at Universal so I've seen them 3 or 4 times. I enjoyed it for the most part, the only problem for me was that they would always end the concert with 6 or so songs they created for the live Grinchmas Show at Universal and as the TransSiberian Orchestra was at night and I would have already seen the live Grinchmas show earlier in the day. So I usually skipped out when the Grinchmas songs started.

My wife on the other hand HATED them. Just absolutely hated everything about it. So she was happy that Universal did not renew their live performances this year.
That's not Transiberian Orchestra, you're referencing Manheim Steamroller. Aside from Christmas music, those two couldn't put on more different shows.

That's not Transiberian Orchestra, you're referencing Manheim Steamroller. Aside from Christmas music, those two couldn't put on more different shows.

Oh yeah. Oops. Got my novelty Christmas bands incorrect.

And I looked it up by Transiberian Orchestra so Mannheim Steamroller WILL be at Universal next weekend. Time to terrorise my wife again with the dulcet electronic sounds of Christmas! I'm sure she hates you for pointing out my mistake.

My son is playing with them here in the ATL Wednesday night. They always hire a few locals as part of their onstage orchestra. This is his 4th time playing with them.
They put on one helluva show.

Cool, thanks. They play in Tampa next Sunday, seems like it would be something different to do.

My son is playing with them here in the ATL Wednesday night. They always hire a few locals as part of their onstage orchestra. This is his 4th time playing with them.
They put on one helluva show.

The airport is a peculiar place for them to have a show.

Saw them in Jax a few years back and it was miserable. I think it was because of how they show was set up. The first 1.5 hrs was some slow paced xmas story with barely any music. By the time the kick ass music/fire/show came I was so over it.

I've seen them three times and was blown away.

For those advocating seeing them, can you also confirm whether or not you think Yanni is a must-see?

For some reason, I get the distinct feeling that they're very similar sort of "artists" and I admittedly base that on pure conjecture and zero first-hand knowledge.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
For those advocating seeing them, can you also confirm whether or not you think Yanni is a must-see?

For some reason, I get the distinct feeling that they're very similar sort of "artists" and I admittedly base that on pure conjecture and zero first-hand knowledge.
Not even close to Yanni

Reactions: TallyNole93

I saw Yanni in Richmond in the early 90's and Linda Evans was accompanying him. She was in the audience near the sound men. Nice looking in person just like TV. Yanni is a must see if you want to get laid but Trans Siberian had so much more variety and excitement.

You are right. I played with Mannheim for four years.

I saw Yanni in Richmond in the early 90's and Linda Evans was accompanying him. She was in the audience near the sound men. Nice looking in person just like TV. Yanni is a must see if you want to get laid but Trans Siberian had so much more variety and excitement.

I'm sold.

I think you mean, Yanni is a must see if you wanted to get laid in the 90s...not so much in 2016. Unless you live in the villages.

I saw Yanni in Tallahassee several years back and it was a really good show, but not comparable to Transiberian Orchestra. I could see Manheim compared but not TSO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT