ADVERTISEMENT

Uh Oh....Time to be offended (again)

alaskanseminole

Seminole Insider
Oct 20, 2002
https://www.yahoo.com/style/target-s-being-accused-of-1297108578213942.html

Target has been accused of trivializing mental illness by stocking a holiday sweater that reads: “OCD Obsessive Christmas Disorder.”

We first spotted this story on Adweek, which points out that Target isn’t the only retailer selling goods with the slogan this season.

However, given the size of Target, it appears to be the company that has drawn the most ire by stocking the item.

Target says it has no plans to de-list the item.

Twitter users have been complaining about the sweater and have asked Target remove the product from its stores and online.

CTZdrxPUkAAo4yb.jpg

People will find anything to complain about in this day and age. It's getting quite ridiculous and ends up trivializing the true instances when something really is offensive. I hope Target continues to give them the big middle finger and keeps selling.

It's dumb anyway. Only People of Walmart will actually go to Target to buy it and wear it.

I'm offended because it's not funny. However, I haven't gotten over being offended by the red Starbucks cup. The war on Christmas is real and it's coming.

I'm offended because it's not funny. However, I haven't gotten over being offended by the red Starbucks cup. The war on Christmas is real and it's coming.
I'm still offended by Target's manatee gray XL clothing line.

^ They start before Halloween, forget the "it's not even Thanksgiving yet" stuff. That's old news.

Yeah apparently "Christmas" is now mid-October through the end of January. Bah humbug.

People will find anything to complain about in this day and age. It's getting quite ridiculous and ends up trivializing the true instances when something really is offensive. I hope Target continues to give them the big middle finger and keeps selling.

Agree. There is a large segment of society who is not happy unless they have something to be outraged about.

Now the color blind are outraged with the Bills/Jets color of uniforms last night. Red and green. Can't even fart anymore without offending someone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT