ADVERTISEMENT

Unlikely hypothetical about Jimbo leaving for Texas A&M

CobraEatr

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
May 30, 2003
I was discussing this with a fellow Nole fan yesterday and wondered if this could be in play. If Texas A&M were interested in Jimob Fisher I wonder if FSU would (or even could) waive the $8M buyout for him to leave. I know if we fire JF we would owe him $40M, but if someone else wants him I think I read that they would have to pay his staff's buyout. IIRC Ira reported that was around $8M. What if FSU (if they wanted Jimbo gone) could waive that $8M fee making it more enticing for someone to take him.

I personally like Jimbo and don't mind if he stays but there has been a lot of talk lately on podcasts (Warchant's Wake-Up and Seminole Headlines) about the odds of JF turning this program around. There aren't many examples of coaches driving a team into the dirt and rebounding to elite status again. Brian Kelly seems like he's on his way with Notre Dame right now but there aren't many other examples of this happening.

A lot of folks would be devastated if JF left but I don't think we would be in dire straights if that happened. I would love to see us go after Jeremy Pruitt (I know, I know, bring on the Pruitt haters) because I think he would give us an elite top 5 defense and wouldn't be afraid to fire assistants when it needed to be done (see Nick Saban).

Your thoughts?

Reactions: Watuka Spirit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News