ADVERTISEMENT

US Men’s Soccer

ZZ828

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2002
Looms like a damn Columbia home game in Tampa tonight. When you’re trying to break in some younger players, maybe play the game somewhere where you have a better chance of a home crowd.

I have never understood some of the venue selections of the USMNT. With friendlies and at this stage they should be moving things around. Also, to your point OP, look at the opponent and pick a venue where you aren't going to draw a large number of supporters for the opposition.

Reactions: PoopandBoogers
And you're an ass. You start so many stupid posts, you should never comment negatively about anyone else's.

Not all of my posts are stupid; many get hundreds of views and turn into multipage threads. I'm trying to generate some discussion on this board because it's dreadfully dull and boring because of overmoderating.

The LR is a shell of it's former self and it's sad how far it's fallen.

I assure you there are many other old time posters that feel the same way; many of them don't even bother to post here anymore.

If you want to ban me for speaking the truth about how far the LR has fallen, go ahead...whatever makes you feel good about yourself is fine with me...

Last edited:
Reactions: seminoleed
Am I missing something here? It's been a constant complaint that USMNT games often feel like we're the away team. Is there more history here that leads to him being an ass for simply making this comment?

It's hard to pick a city where the US team is not the away team when they are playing a Latin American team.

Reactions: QuaZ2002
I have never understood some of the venue selections of the USMNT. With friendlies and at this stage they should be moving things around. Also, to your point OP, look at the opponent and pick a venue where you aren't going to draw a large number of supporters for the opposition.

They (US Soccer Federation) are picking a spot guaranteed to sell tickets and that means playing where opposing fans will fill up on a random Thursday night.

Reactions: daveynole
It's hard to pick a city where the US team is not the away team when they are playing a Latin American team.

Agreed, but they could avoid Arizona, Florida, Texas, California, NY/NJ.

What about playing in Nashville, Kansas City, Minneapolis, Denver, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Salt Lake City? Heck, they could go to Portland Oregon, they are a pretty big soccer community.

They (US Soccer Federation) are picking a spot guaranteed to sell tickets and that means playing where opposing fans will fill up on a random Thursday night.

They shouldn't need to pick a location where the opposing fans will buy up tickets. Granted it is a random Thursday night, going against an NFL game, but it is the USMNT. They should be able to fill a 40K seat stadium in just about any major metro area in the country.

Agreed, but they could avoid Arizona, Florida, Texas, California, NY/NJ.

What about playing in Nashville, Kansas City, Minneapolis, Denver, Indianapolis, St. Louis, Salt Lake City? Heck, they could go to Portland Oregon, they are a pretty big soccer community.
There are Florida cities where they can draw local support well. The team loved the environment in Orlando, although it's a smaller mid 20,000 seat stadium.

Screw Michael Bradley and screw the higher ups in USSoccer for allowing him to be on the field and represent this country.

Reactions: seminoleed
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT