ADVERTISEMENT

USMNT: Michael Bradley

Anyone else watching this friendly vs. Bosnia-Hezogovina? Ouch...USMNT down 2-0 already about 30' in.
blackeye.r191677.gif

We're trying out a 6-4 but green 20-yr old defender Brooks on the back line, and B-H is getting some easy opportunities. Of course, we've already had the usual major screwation from the refs with Diskerud getting tackled from behind in the box and not getting a penalty. need to get something on the board before half if there's any hope of a result.

Originally posted by NoleLizards:
Anyone else watching this friendly vs. Bosnia-Hezogovina? Ouch...USMNT down 2-0 already about 30' in.
blackeye.r191677.gif

We're trying out a 6-4 but green 20-yr old defender Brooks on the back line, and B-H is getting some easy opportunities. Of course, we've already had the usual major screwation from the refs with Diskerud getting tackled from behind in the box and not getting a penalty. need to get something on the board before half if there's any hope of a result.
2-2 now, 70' in; Jozy has looked AMAZING, and is responsible for both goals (set up the first and scored the second). On Brooks, he has looked green at times, but has overall looked the best on the backline. The first goal was mainly on Eddie Johnson and the second was more on Cameron.

Jozy with 2 more quick goals.

I hope Brooks chooses the US and not Germany.

holy crap.
It must be noted Bosnia benched 4-5 guys at half and we dominated second half, but still a phenomenal comeback in Europe vs top 15 team. And not like Donovan/Dempsey were there.

Brooks is outrageously talented and starting in Bundesliga this season. He did tell Germany no thanks and their coach said they've moved on so this was a great day for him to get into the swing of things with US just like Johnansson.

Altidore on a roll, Sunderland may have a steal at this rate.

First seed still alive!

Jozy is just on another level at the moment.

Bradley played well (yes, I'll say that)

Eddie Johnson...even before his turnover that lead to the first goal, had a chance to shoot from the 6 but refused to pull the trigger because the ball was on his left foot. How do you get to this level without being able to use both feet at least somewhat decently?

Awesome W for the USA.

sick hit. Holland did wonders for Altidore's set pieces.

btw, OP, that was a great story on Bradley. I appreciate him just wish Klinsman would not revert to starting 3 holding mids again like today. I thought we were past that. In that formation Bradley and our team don't move the ball. He's better suited going box to box as he does at Roma. Good adjustments after halftime to open our play up.

Dammit I missed the game. I'm still at work. I'm glad to see us come back on the road against a quality opponent. I won't hold my breath for a 1 seed, but glad to know we are making FIFA sweat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT