ADVERTISEMENT

USMNT vs Germany

fsUTampa

Star Player
May 31, 2003
1-1 at halftime. Germany has dominated this game, but we've had our chances. I really like have Johansson up top with Agudelo and Zardes. And the USA goal was very nice, with a rare good pass in the attacking 3rd by Michael Bradley and a world-class play by Mix to finish.

I still need someone to explain to me how Timmy Chandler keeps getting playing time. He's significantly worse than any of the other 21 on the field, and it's painfully obvious every game he plays. Can someone give me anything regarding him? I really don't understand it.

Beat FIFA #1 ranked Germany - in Germany. I don't care if it was a friendly (we were missing some of our starters too), that's big for US men's soccer going forward.

That 2nd half was the best I've ever seen the USA play against legit, top-end competition. And I've been vocal against Michael Bradley, but he played phenomenally well today.

The replay is on Fox Sports 1 Thursday at 1:00 PM for us dolts who forgot that Germany is 6 hours ahead of us and forgot to set the DVR thinking that the game would be on TV tonight. I am gonna check the website and see if they offer the replay online as I don't know if Fox Sports 1 has a replay option like ESPN and NBC Sports.

I watched the highlights and this was not a watered down Germany team like the one the US faced in last year's friendly, this was basically a full German squad prepping for an important Euro Group D qualifying match on Saturday.

Figures, I turn on the replay and there's a press conference with the women's team. Just when I thought that watching the women couldn't get any worse from the game to the worst friggin commentators, listening to the press ask these questions is just painful. Why is it a constant kiss ass atmosphere with the women? Ask a real question and let's see who cries first!

Men's question: Jurgen, you are in the group of death, would it be a failure to not advance?
Jurgen: It's a complete failure if we don't win the Cup. We are not here on vacation, these players know what needs to be accomplished, this is on them, failure is not an option, failure lands you in the Qatar Premier League.

Women's question: Can you describe the best team meal in Sweden?
Player: They were all great because we got to know each other better, and share stories like having a period and playing in the heat. Moments like that have brought us closer together. Sharing Swedish meatballs while swapping Kotex stories. We are all just glad to be here and embrace and enjoy the moment. I could be working at my family's apple orchard swapping period jokes with the help. Edmonton is such a great city, there's an English speaking BP station that sells those cute little maxi pads in the bathroom for a dime. Oh look, there's a girl on the dollar bill, they have really embraced this tournament here in Canada. Abby, tell them how that one Gator fan mistook you for Danny Wuerffel, O-M-G, that was so funny and it brought us so much closer together as a team. Morgan, tell them how Hope had too many wine coolers and tried to drive us home, moments like that make all of this worth it.

Reactions: fsUTampa
Bradley just muffed an open pass in the 18 and the commentator called it poor skill. Wambach missed an open header/sitter against the Aussies and the commentator said she was rusty. WTF!

Figures, I turn on the replay and there's a press conference with the women's team. Just when I thought that watching the women couldn't get any worse from the game to the worst friggin commentators, listening to the press ask these questions is just painful. Why is it a constant kiss ass atmosphere with the women? Ask a real question and let's see who cries first!

Men's question: Jurgen, you are in the group of death, would it be a failure to not advance?
Jurgen: It's a complete failure if we don't win the Cup. We are not here on vacation, these players know what needs to be accomplished, this is on them, failure is not an option, failure lands you in the Qatar Premier League.

Women's question: Can you describe the best team meal in Sweden?
Player: They were all great because we got to know each other better, and share stories like having a period and playing in the heat. Moments like that have brought us closer together. Sharing Swedish meatballs while swapping Kotex stories. We are all just glad to be here and embrace and enjoy the moment. I could be working at my family's apple orchard swapping period jokes with the help. Edmonton is such a great city, there's an English speaking BP station that sells those cute little maxi pads in the bathroom for a dime. Oh look, there's a girl on the dollar bill, they have really embraced this tournament here in Canada. Abby, tell them how that one Gator fan mistook you for Danny Wuerffel, O-M-G, that was so funny and it brought us so much closer together as a team. Morgan, tell them how Hope had too many wine coolers and tried to drive us home, moments like that make all of this worth it.

This is pretty funny

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT