ADVERTISEMENT

Uverse Data limits

TennNole17

Star Player
Sep 18, 2003
i posted about this a few months ago, but can't find the thread.

Most Home internet providers are capping data use.

My Uverse comes with 1tb of data.

Last month, in the "no penalty" period I used about 1.5tb.

This month, I'm already at 65% of it.

I stream all tv, and then just laptop use. 1.5 tb seems absurd. Not streaming 4K, just two hd tvs

sF5lA1.jpg

Reactions: TexSkills
Sounds like you watch way too much television.
I don't watch a ton. Most of my streaming services keep playing crap automatically for a bit, but still.

1 hour of hd is ~2gigs. That's an estimated 16.5 hours of streaming a day for 30 days.

There's no way I'm consuming that.

I don't watch a ton. Most of my streaming services keep playing crap automatically for a bit, but still.

1 hour of hd is ~2gigs. That's an estimated 16.5 hours of streaming a day for 30 days.

There's no way I'm consuming that.
Someone stealing your data somehow?

We stream all of our TV as well, and we have the issue of our kids leaving netflix/sling TV running their cartoons after they've "turned off" the TV, but the apple TV is still on streaming videos. We're trying to get them to remember to turn off the Apple TV when their done, but we haven't had much success.

We stream all of our TV as well, and we have the issue of our kids leaving netflix/sling TV running their cartoons after they've "turned off" the TV, but the apple TV is still on streaming videos. We're trying to get them to remember to turn off the Apple TV when their done, but we haven't had much success.
What sort of data usage are you hitting, if you know

You sir are a 1%!

Come Nov. 1, Comcast will begin limiting the amount of data it's Palm Beach County and Treasure Coast customers can use each month.

In an email to customers on Wednesday, the broadband giant said it plans to cap monthly data usage at one terabytethe equivalent of between 600 and 700 hours of HD video streaming or 12,000 hours of online game play.

Comcast said the shift is “based on a principle of fairness.

“Those who use more internet data will pay more, and those who use less will pay less,” said MindyKramer, Comcast’s vice president of public relations for the Florida region. “A terabyte is a massive amount of data. More than 99 percent are not at all impacted by this plan.”

Kramer said the terabyte plan was designed to provide customers with enough data that they wouldn’t have to worry about going over their limit. The average Comcast customer uses about 72 gigabytes a month, she added.

At the same time, the change would ensure those who use the most, pay the most. It would also provide discounts for those who use the least. (sounds familiar)

I expect our data usage to drop the next couple months since school started and the kids are more active outside. We also purchased an antenna to help reduce the data usage. But most of the cord cutters I've talked with are all over 500GB a month.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT