ADVERTISEMENT

Very Interesting / Big Advantage..

jhnoles6602

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Apr 21, 2018
Just came across something interesting. Saw where Tenn. and UVA just won their preliminary injunction against the NCAA!

Synopsis - Basically Booster Funded NIL collectives can now communicate with HS / Portal recruits. First and only 2 schools so far.

I don’t know how anyone else feels about this. IMO this is one of the main ingredients to destroy CFB. Truthfully this has the potential to be one of the main pillars/factors that eventually ruins CFB itself!

It’s an absolute MUST there has to be a way to close just a lil bit of Pandora’s box that’s busted WIDE OPEN with just the NILs, no caps, free for all transfers ect. For one these kids have no business making the astronomical amounts of money to play CFB. Let’s be real here a part of the NIL $ should be mandated that it be used to pay for all of their schooling, school supplies/books, housing, food, ect. Then take the money that has been allocated to football scholarships and disperse them equally across every sport. Allow some of these baseball / softball players to get full scholly because they truthfully always come in at most 26% - 30% scholarship and the vast majority are well below.

All athletes receiving NIL money should be mandated to take certain classes as well as have X amount to allow their money to 2x or whatever and have X amount per month or whatever to use. I know many will totally disagree. However, you stop and put into perspective where probably 80% - 90% of these athletes come from this is def smart. Many are far to immature, do not come from a home with good guidance ect to have the access to this much money. Having classes to teach, people to advise them within the school on how to use/spend/invest their money , so while they are playing their money is making money. I believe it’s less than 5% of D1 players make it big time and/or just make it in just to find out it doesn’t support you enough financially. I mean NFL is an acronym that means Not For Long! Now you have basically kids out on their own now with all this money spending money on Lambos, Ferraris, Bugatti, ect., jewelry, you name it! Also, don’t think these kids don’t have HUGE TARGETS on them that attracts the ones you don’t want too!
Have posted in a while so I figured I’d come in swinging! Lol
End of rant!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News