ADVERTISEMENT

Video of "Black Hawk Down"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, the Pottery Facttory owenrs have had a FB group about it for about a year and apparently someone saw it and passed it along to the Gazette and all of a sudden it beacme news. No way in hell will that done

I only saw it when there was a link on Screamscape about it last week. As soon as I saw it I said "No way, that's Vegas not Billsville". Frankly it wouldn't even fit in with the historical motif. Maybe if it was dropped over towards Norfolk or Virginia Beach it might happen.

I only saw it when there was a link on Screamscape about it last week. As soon as I saw it I said "No way, that's Vegas not Billsville". Frankly it wouldn't even fit in with the historical motif. Maybe if it was dropped over towards Norfolk or Virginia Beach it might happen.
It was odd the whole Bio-dome thing. With the new desalination plant that they want to put on the Chick, they need revenue to pay for this 124 million plant, so anything is possible I guess.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
It was odd the whole Bio-dome thing. With the new desalination plant that they want to put on the Chick, they need revenue to pay for this 124 million plant, so anything is possible I guess.

I hadn't heard about the desalination plant. I guess I've stayed out of touch as I haven't been there in about a year.

There was an absolutely amazing small craft producer of Virginia ham midway between Surry and Smithfield only sold in a rundown convenience store in the middle of nowhere but not only did I love it, but it was ranked as the third best ham in the entire world behind two acorn fed wild boar hams from Spain by some prestigious magazine. I had a friend going up to Billsville about six months ago and I couldn't remember what it was called and could not find anything about it. So I'm quickly losing touch with the region just going back every year or so.

Reactions: KLNole
I hadn't heard about the desalination plant. I guess I've stayed out of touch as I haven't been there in about a year.

There was an absolutely amazing small craft producer of Virginia ham midway between Surry and Smithfield only sold in a rundown convenience store in the middle of nowhere but not only did I love it, but it was ranked as the third best ham in the entire world behind two acorn fed wild boar hams from Spain by some prestigious magazine. I had a friend going up to Billsville about six months ago and I couldn't remember what it was called and could not find anything about it. So I'm quickly losing touch with the region just going back every year or so.
I will look into the Ham store and see what may be around. There used to be a great dairy, located past Chippokes State Park on the way to Smithfield, that produced orange cream milk that was phenomenal and that closed a few years back.
Yeah, the Governor passed a reduction of 50% of the aquifers so JCC has to find new water and Newport News is charging a fortune.

http://www.edwardsvaham.com/ This is my best guess based on this article http://www.seriouseats.com/2013/08/taste-test-american-vs-old-world-artisan-dry-cured-ham.html

Reactions: FSUTribe76

Unfortunately that's not it unless they moved. Edwards seems to be more of a high end "craft" take on the ham. What I was talking about was on one hand a "low end" family run business operating out of a rundown little convenience store where you could casually just buy their ham on white bread sliced, whole hams and some low rent booze but on the other hand they grew their own hogs and fed them exclusively local peanuts only not as a 50% diet but 100%. It was absolutely amazing and I don't know if they're still around or if I can even find them again.

I'm sure Edwards is good. I think that's what they use or at least used at the Cheese Shop for their amazingly delicious sandwiches.

He claimed for quite some time that he was a Ranger assigned to TF Ranger in Somolia and earned a Bronze Star for his actions during the battle of Mog. He was outed somehow on Facebook and it bled it's way over here to the LR.

He seems like a nice guy but didn't have to make all that crap up. I won't lie, it did piss a lot of the Vets on here off.

He should have been a proud REMF just like the rest of us REMF's.

Unfortunately that's not it unless they moved. Edwards seems to be more of a high end "craft" take on the ham. What I was talking about was on one hand a "low end" family run business operating out of a rundown little convenience store where you could casually just buy their ham on white bread sliced, whole hams and some low rent booze but on the other hand they grew their own hogs and fed them exclusively local peanuts only not as a 50% diet but 100%. It was absolutely amazing and I don't know if they're still around or if I can even find them again.

I'm sure Edwards is good. I think that's what they use or at least used at the Cheese Shop for their amazingly delicious sandwiches.
Next time I am over that way, I will drive that way to see what is still there. Probably forced out by Smithfield would be my guess.

Next time I am over that way, I will drive that way to see what is still there. Probably forced out by Smithfield would be my guess.

See my previous post. Found it and it is delicious and still in business. Definitely worth getting a sammy and a couple of pounds to take back if not a whole ham.

Reactions: KLNole
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT