ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia High School Football Postponed until Feb 21

aawash

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Dec 24, 2005
Stafford VA
It was announced yesterday that coaches/ADs of the Virginia High School League (governing body for all high school sports) voted to postpone football season until February 2021.

Local sports newspaper in northern Virginia (I live in Stafford) has already confirmed that several area blue chip players now say they will decline to play in February---in fact two said they will now seek early enrollment in college. You might say that Virginia HS football will be watered down in terms of talent and enthusiasm by February.

Reactions: SemiTar
It was announced yesterday that coaches/ADs of the Virginia High School League (governing body for all high school sports) voted to postpone football season until February 2021.

Local sports newspaper in northern Virginia (I live in Stafford) has already confirmed that several area blue chip players now say they will decline to play in February---in fact two said they will now seek early enrollment in college. You might say that Virginia HS football will be watered down in terms of talent and enthusiasm by February.
Sad. IMO. In the name of "protecting" students :(:mad::confused::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: aawash and trunole1
Selfishly wish this for Florida - it's too dang hot in August and September!!

In fact I would be in favor of permanently switching baseball and football seasons in high school in the deep south. Ever hear of a baseball player dying of heat exhaustion?? How many football players die each year??

Why not just play basketball during "normal " football season and football during "normal" BB time? OH yeah.....they are protecting kids and teachers. I forgot. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not surprised since its VA.

But what about those kids that have committed to a school, and decided to be an EE? Will they pass on their final season in HS, and jump straight to college, or will they be forced to play in Spring and not EE?

I would hope that they could still EE.

Reactions: goldmom
Not surprised since its VA.

But what about those kids that have committed to a school, and decided to be an EE? Will they pass on their final season in HS, and jump straight to college, or will they be forced to play in Spring and not EE?

I would hope that they could still EE.
It's a high school credits issue not a how many years of high school football issue did you play issue. If you can EE then you have the credits to do it regardless of whether you played your senior year.

How is high school football being delayed “ruining MILLIONS of lives”. I look forward to hearing your logic.
Well I believe we have had 40+ million unemployment claims during the first round of “delayed starts” or as they call it “shut down”. Delaying more is going to cause more unemployment and surely loss of opportunity for kids and coaches and support staff in high school and college. Not to mention all the additional lost jobs from not having a fall season- stadiums workers, hotels, restaurants, bars, bus/car rental, gas stations, grocery stores and on and on.

Is it really that hard to understand how that will have a negative impact on MILLIONS? Can you really not see the economic impacts of these decisions??

Reactions: SemiTar
Well I believe we have had 40+ million unemployment claims during the first round of “delayed starts” or as they call it “shut down”. Delaying more is going to cause more unemployment and surely loss of opportunity for kids and coaches and support staff in high school and college. Not to mention all the additional lost jobs from not having a fall season- stadiums workers, hotels, restaurants, bars, bus/car rental, gas stations, grocery stores and on and on.

Is it really that hard to understand how that will have a negative impact on MILLIONS? Can you really not see the economic impacts of these decisions??
And they say love is blind.....o_O. I think hate might be a tad more blind.;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT