ADVERTISEMENT

Walton Couny Florida schools

DDennis73

Star Player
Feb 11, 2002
Contemplating a move from Bay County over to Walton County. I dont trust the grading system the state has for schools. Wondering if anyone here knows how good some of the schools are in Walton County, specifically those in south Walton. Kids are young so we are talking all levels of the school system. Thanks for any input.

South Walton schools are a lot better than the others north of the bay.

My daughter is a teacher in the Walton County school system. She says the facilities are certainly in South Walton nicer than those to the north mainly because they are newer. Academically, there's not the difference those who live south of the bay want to think there is. They are all small decent schools.

The south Walton comment is untrue, especially for high schools

Due to the lack of private schools coupled with the affluence (on the south end), the public school system here is very good
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Bay schools have great teachers and poor administration. Hence lack of an A high school. Sad for the students first, sadder still since the Superintendent is a Nole but facts are facts.

Originally posted by gwgwi:
Bay schools have great teachers and poor administration. Hence lack of an A high school. Sad for the students first, sadder still since the Superintendent is a Nole but facts are facts.
That's not just an issue in Bay County, my son attends South Walton and I'm pretty familiar with it. Walton County is the poster child for the "good ole boy" system. If you move to South Walton, be prepared to be pissed off on a pretty regular basis at most of the decisions made in DeFuniak Springs. Having said that, there are a lot of educated and affluent people in South Walton which ultimately leads to better education and opportunities. I think that you would be happy with the school system in South Walton although its far from perfect. If I were in your shoes, there is absolutely no way that I would consider leaving Bay County and attending a school north of the bay. Just my .02 and I would be happy to expound on this off line.

sunset, message me if you dont mind. Im very curious about your thoughts. ddatfsu@gmail.com

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT