ADVERTISEMENT

Warchant confessions when we went to FSU

DB1Nole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2010
I had a hookup at Big Daddy's that got me in free every time we went there. Also, Stetsons on the moon we could get like 10-15 ppl in every Friday night.

Had a bartender buddy that worked the ladies bar at Stetsons that would fill us up a large cup of Vodka and a large cup of OJ and then we were off. Also had friends at Bullwinkles that would hook us up.

Luckily, TMZ and. ESPN didn't follow us around when we streaked out of the Palace after losing a bet at a game of darts!!!

What ya got?

Reactions: bigN!
Godfathers Pizza in Tallahassee sometimes threw in an extra desert pizza to express their appreciation for our business. That was my hookup while I was at FSU.

I had a hookup at Big Daddy's that got me in free every time we went there. Also, Stetsons on the moon we could get like 10-15 ppl in every Friday night.

Had a bartender buddy that worked the ladies bar at Stetsons that would fill us up a large cup of Vodka and a large cup of OJ and then we were off. Also had friends at Bullwinkles that would hook us up.

Luckily, TMZ and. ESPN didn't follow us around when we streaked out of the Palace after losing a bet at a game of darts!!!

What ya got?
Pizza and all 3 piece all white fried chicken box for 4 years from Chanello's (sp) Oh it was a 17 inch pie LOL

Governor's Inn supplied all my toiletries and toilet paper for a couple years.

Sometimes I'd steal a room key and crash in a room that was out of service for whatever reason of I was drunk or didn't want to crash on someone's couch.

More 'hooking myself up' but I suppose it counts.

Cashier at Guthries gave me a coke because I didn't have enough money for one and she took pity on me.

Shame on all of you

Now all of those that never did anything wrong while at college will cast stones at you sinners.

There used to be a burger place at West Tennessee and Brevard where the lettuce, tomatoes and onions were set off separate from the counter. We would gorge on that stuff.

I had friends that were bar tenders at nearly every bar. I dated a Bud girl. I bar tended at a bar. It was a life of free alcohol. I had friends that worked at a few restaurants, the checks would be heavily discounted.

Oh, I did an internship for Capital Records as a "College Area Marketing Rep" They made me business cards that had the Capital Records logo, and just the word "Marketing". I used those several years during and after college to get into music venues free. Slightly shady, but effective.

Didn't attend fsu (played baseball elsewhere in college) Had a friend that was an asst. manager at Checkers any night we were hungry we would page him on his beeper....hit the drive thru and order a small drink....we'd pay for the small drink and he would hand bags and bags of food out the window to us....burgers, fries, apple pies....one time we got back to the apartment and had over 40-45 burgers, 15-20 orders of fries and 10-15 apple pies. We did this on a regular basis. I guess we should all be in jail. But having to eat that much checkers was probably punishment enough!

I will err on the side of caution...What happened during my FSU days stays there. Not interested in opening that Pandoras box !

People told me that I cashed in my meal plan and spent it at the the Palace..Pandora worked there...

3 best ones I had:
1. Bartender Friends - lots of free drinks at Palace and Irish Pub
2. Spotlight Grill Servers - got reservations for every mens bball game. Allowed me to drink there 2 hours before games and then go get front row seats before rest of the students were let in.
3. Fraternity Brother worked at Gumby's - Could walk in at 2:30am to a packed waiting room and walk out with a pizza in under a minute.

Everyone knew someone that worked somewhere that would give a hookup at least now and then. My Wife and I talked about it last night. Between the two of us it ranged from frozen yogurt to booze

I worked at Outback and Georgio's in college. There were a lot of things that were "discounted" in my time there. In this world it ain't what you know, its who you know.

Sold drugs while at FSU. Thanks to the dorm selection group I got a drug dealing roomie, and after a while I was his partner in crime.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Do not judge...we knew no better at that age.

My roommate worked at Buffalo's American Grill on Pensacola St, he was also in a fraternity.

He, and the entire staff (cooks, wait staff, and management) would give just about everything away at a discounted price of about 95%. And I'm not talking only beer, it was beer and food. Towards the end we were going in 2 to 3 times a week and there would be anywhere from 4 to 15 of us in there eating. We would all eat and drink until our stomach's were full and were drunk as a skunk. It would cost about $10 a person....$9 would go to my roommate as a tip, and the rest would pay for the food. I would ask my roommate if the other larger tops that were upstairs with other waiters were getting the same deal, and he would say most of them were.

Unfortunately the place closed down that year. It's sad because they had the best wings and blue cheese sauce in town. I'm pretty sure Hobbit Hoggies uses the same recipe now.

Then of course I had friends that were bartenders and waiters spread out all over town. They were good for a free beer or shot or two...but nothing like what we had going on that summer at Buffalo's....it was truly awesome, and looking back truly sad.

Everyone knew someone that worked somewhere that would give a hookup at least now and then. My Wife and I talked about it last night. Between the two of us it ranged from frozen yogurt to booze
yup, my roomate used to try to get me to come to the ice cream shop where he worked, and I probably did a time or two but his gf and her friend were regulars.

HS buddy worked at McD's on West Tenn & Conradi. Would buy a hamburger and get a sack of Big Macs and Fries.

Worked a summer over in PCB and became friends with a bar tender at Spinnaker's. Never paid for drinks ever.

There was a store manager at Dominoes that got to know me and if I went in and could answer a trivia question, the pie was comped. Got him a few times, but stumped a lot.

Last edited:
Had a gf that worked at Guthries, a couple friends that worked at Tropical Smoothie(add booze?!), few buddies at local golf courses, worked at AJs for a while which leads to discounts at other bars.

I worked at Cash Hall as an RA, that included checking meal plans at the door. Let me tell you - the athletes that stayed there, and there were a ton, were on the "all you can eat" plan. Didn't matter which plan they paid for, we all knew that they didn't get turned away. All my buddies were on the same meal plan.

Room mate worked at Jimmy Johns for a couple years as an assistant manager. I think I got a free sub from him at least 3 days a week for like 2 years. Ah college.

I never tended bar, but assumed that bartenders have a little leeway each night to give out free drinks? Could be wrong, but that's what I've always thought.

I believe I was the recipient of a free pitcher here and there but never had any hook-ups like these. I never took anything from anyone who worked at a place where I knew they were not supposed to be giving stuff away. I had friends in HS and college that would just let their buddies walk out with stuff or hand out freebies when the manager wasn't around. Never felt right to me.

• Ken's tab was just about always single digits - often $0
  • Convenience store around the corner from the old Phi Delt house had a lax policy on paying for late night nachos, beer, cigs, etc.
  • Like Samdingo, Governor's Inn supplied me with a lot of toiletries and a place to sleep off drunken nights.
  • I also worked at Golden Eagle for awhile. This was an accepted perk of the job, but I took a lot of leftover wedding/golf tournament/Sunday brunch food back to the fraternity house.
  • Not quite as accepted, but I ended most shifts there with a strong Jack and Coke for the drive home.

One of my roommates was a waiter at the Brown Derby. A few times I went in and paid for the salad bar, but was served a shrimp cocktail, porterhouse steak and baked potato (along with the salad bar). The total price off the menu back then (1986ish) was about $35 or $40. Also had a number of frat bros work at bars that hooked us up with free or greatly discounted drinks. About like most others posting here I guess.

I worked at the melting pot we would close down the restaurant and go out to bars for the night. After boozing up we return late night and the manager would open the place and we would eat/drink whatever until the wee hours.

One of my roommates was a waiter at the Brown Derby. A few times I went in and paid for the salad bar, but was served a shrimp cocktail, porterhouse steak and baked potato (along with the salad bar). The total price off the menu back then (1986ish) was about $35 or $40. Also had a number of frat bros work at bars that hooked us up with free or greatly discounted drinks. About like most others posting here I guess.

I wish someone could provide the recipe for the Brown Derby Grog - best Punch drink ever.

Worked at the Melting Pot, hook ups were sick. I used to order a tonic, and get a pint of gin and a pint of tonic. Friends came in, order say the surf and turf, 2 lobsters, 1 for them, 1 for me. Not to mention how much crap was free, er discounted.

There used to be a burger place at West Tennessee and Brevard where the lettuce, tomatoes and onions were set off separate from the counter. We would gorge on that stuff.
The Pub? I worked at the Plaza part time & had many a liquid lunch there. That's the joint where some guy was totally blotto & did a swan dive from the deck to the sidewalk below. That was pretty much the end of the place.

I once hooked up; a fraternity brother with free parking.

But then I actually gave him one of the numbered tickets so I had to go ahead and pay him or be short on cash.

cab.png

Used to order a side salad at Nicholson's FarmHouse, then my buddy would bring it out with at least 5 porterhouse steaks stacked on top. Ordered an extra side of ketchup and he would bring 20 ketchup cups filled with Pappy Van Winkle. Got mistook for Brett Favre in a picture that I texted to Jenn Sterger, then went to my buddy's wedding and crapped in the urinal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT