ADVERTISEMENT

Wayward Pines

Wish this series had more than just 10 episodes. Was digging it. Oh well, on to something else then.

Warning Minor Spoilers here:

I must be in the minority. I kept wondering where they were getting unlimited supplies, labor, fuel, etc. Everything has a shelf life/point of breakdown and decay, even in a super deep freeze. Plus, they should have a population control in place. It's not like they can get more supplies. And don't even get me started about petroleum products.

As someone who read the book but didn't see any of the TV show how true to the book did they keep it?

If you didn't read the book you can check out the spoiler below:

So the twist is that once he "wakes" up he's in the future but doesn't know it. They keep erasing his memory that he's woken up before but it turns out that they've all been in deep freeze while the world turns to crap and silly monsters take over. For some odd reason they don't tell most of the people in the town and have them go on living in this odd little utopia where you kill anyone who steps out of line. The occasional "flashback" of his wife trying to figure out what happened to him is used to throw you off the future aspect.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT