ADVERTISEMENT

We’ve Lost Franco Harris

Gone at 72. Missed his Steeler jersey retirement, and a celebration of the Immaculate Reception, by ~96 hours. Very sad.
When I was a kid in the 70s, I absolutely loved the Steelers. I had newspaper clippings with photos of their stars taped on my bedroom walls, and Franco was one of my childhood heroes.

My allergies are acting up...

R.I.P.

Absolute worst I ever saw was the PFHOF not enshrining Kenny Stabler until after his passing. 😡
I don’t have a dog in this fight really but even “for the time” Stablers numbers were very very pedestrian. He did win a lot of games admittedly.

I don’t have a dog in this fight really but even “for the time” Stablers numbers were very very pedestrian. He did win a lot of games admittedly.
Who was a better partier AND championship caliber QB? Only Joe Namath comes to mind, and I think Stabler may have been a more extreme partier. 😀

I think in every sport, there are guys you like and respect even if you don’t particularly like the team they play for. In football, Harris, Joe Montana, Walter Payton. In baseball for me it’s was Derek Jeter and Ernie Banks (St. Louis kid here!). Hockey, Joe Sakic and Steve Yzerman. In basketball, Bill Russell and Steph Curry. There are more of course, but these are the ones who popped into my head.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT