ADVERTISEMENT

Weather the storm

jhnoles6602

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Apr 21, 2018
It’s very easy to get frustrated as a fan when your seeing you team struggle. UL is playing with momentum out the gate with home field, crowd, high energy confidence. Defenses typically struggle the most early on in games like this. They are all trying to make the big play/hit instead of settling down and playing sound gap D and doing their assignments and let the big plays come to them. This wave of momentum will slowly die as the game wears on and believe it or not the vast majority of of the time alot of energy is wasted by home teams in games like this. As long as we keep it close whether it’s up at half or down no more than 10 the second half will tell the tell as all those early game “advantages” become moot. We will see our D settle in. One of the best things we have going right now is our O is working like a well oiled machine and doing exactly what you need in this environment. Imo UL does not have the depth or athletes to keep up for 4 quarters which is why they know they need to build a big lead early.
Trust me I’m not acting as if there are no issues with our D and what we are seeing is not a little concerning. I’ve have coached in countless games in which our D started slow and looked almost bi polar opposite of how they typically played especially in big games. Then the second half starts we weathered the storm and we have more gas in the tank than they do and look like a different squad. Can’t tell you how often I’ve seen or been apart of this exact scenario. We shall see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News