ADVERTISEMENT

Well, I am guessing Mike Norvell knows we’re not in Memphis any more

fsubet

All-ACC
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
I was concerned when he was building this staff, especially the Fuller pick, and was blasted. The lack of real P5 experience and recruiting prowess, especially in So Fla were my biggest concerns. Now I am not going to say we are doomed with these guys, they deserve some more time for sure, but clearly they are not the quick turn artists many predicted.

My concerns about the level of competition these guys have coached against, and their ability to effectively recruit, especially in So Fla, are certainly not allayed. UM was as bad as we were last year and look at where we are today. Right now the hole seems so deep that I don’t see us competing for a NC under the next 2 staffs.

Folks, we are on the precipice of being SMU bad for another 3-4 years and then maybe we can achieve some level of mediocrity. And if Chubba Purdy isn’t a truly elite QB it could be a while longer. Gotta say there are no tangible signs of hope on the field or in recruiting.

Can someone also remind me why getting a QB in the portal was such a Terrible idea? CMN said we had this covered, and injuries are an excuse, they happen and that is exactly why you get a transfer.

Welcome to the 5th best program in the state and getting worse every year

Last edited:
Reactions: lenmed
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News