ADVERTISEMENT

What a Damned Disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shawn7711

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
This NIL business has become already. Had a long drive back from a work meeting and was drinking a diet Mountain Dew and contemplating the ripples from it all. I (as many did that are long time college football fans) knew it would be a disaster but it's becoming so much clearer now. So now you are going to have recruits commit and then find out about a deal so and so got either here or at another school and jump ship for the greener grass. It's going to be a non stop carousel of players bouncing around from school to school because there is a better deal to be had. At least in the NFL your are bound by a contract.

I'm not an emotional over reactor but an adult needs to step up and get control of the asylum or there are going to be major problems and this sport might collapse. I've been a passionate college football fan for 30 years and I realize it's always been a dirty business but today just feels gross to me.

I have no doubt FSU will figure it all out and be fine. To big a brand and to may resources. But I see it something like this.

1. the lower power 5 and group of 5 will get ground to dust over the next 2-3 years.
2. The big boys will thrive for awhile but ultimately interest will wain because there will be less regional fans and even the local fans won't be able to identify with the merry go round of players coming in and out.
3. Money will start to dry up
4. Programs will mis-manage and over leverage and ultimately collapse.
5. NFL will ultimately start a developmental program and start drafting high school kids because they won't have a choice.
6. College football will be a shell of itself

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News