ADVERTISEMENT

What does CFB mean to you?

NebNoles

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Jan 27, 2017
Omaha, NE
Why do you watch? Why do you follow CFB?

CFB, for me, started as a baby. My mom & her dad tried brainwashing me into being a Husker. My brother liked OU (The Boz, Switzer, NU’s Rivals). My grandpa took me to a lot of NU games in the early, mid-90’s. I appreciated their excellence but when it came to the 94 Orange Bowl I was rooting for Bobby ... at the time, i thought he was the opposite of Tom Osborn because Bobby was funny and personable. Turned out they were awfully similar all along.

My grandpa bought me my first jersey - an authentic ‘96 Warrick Dunn jersey. I’m sure he cringed when he bought it. But he loved the sport, loved that I was beginning to love it around that time too. He came to every football game I ever played, until he passed. He was definitely the one who taught me about the game, how to enjoy it. He probably took it too seriously, which is probably why I take it too seriously at times. I still watch games the way he did (if he couldn’t make it, he was a season ticket holder for 3 decades) - in his basement, watching intently. He didn’t have parties, didn’t watch it from the other room. He sat there watching every play, taking it all in. Even at the games, he rarely yelled, he just kind of studied it.

Anyway, what got you into the game? Is there a reason you follow CFB over the NFL?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News