ADVERTISEMENT

What if FSU does not announce a departure from ACC by Aug. 15?

JerryKutz

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Staff
May 3, 2022
This is a column I hoped I wouldn't have to write but with 48 hours remaining until the deadline at the time of this writing, my sense is FSU will not announce for 2024.

This opinion column won't be a favorite as its not what Seminole fans want to hear but it does reflect what I think is likely to happen and why it is possible FSU won't announce this week. I wanted to let you know that FSU doesn't have to wait until this time next year to announce for 2025. I also wanted to parse the BOT's statements that "FSU cannot compete unless its in one of the BIg Two conferences." The "existential crisis" Dr. McCullough talked about is not about FSU football. College ADs, including Alford, will always fund football at a level the cash cow can compete nationally. They must as football drives the vast majority of the athletic budget. The existential crisis will be for Olympic Sports across the country who are not in one of those two conferences. It is FSU's desire to maintain comprehensive excellence in 20 sports that is the primary motivation and driving force behind the BOT's look for a revenue solution within the ACC or within another conference.

Please share your thoughts.

What if FSU does not announce a departure from ACC by Aug. 15

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News