ADVERTISEMENT

What in the crap is the discovery channel thinking?

divinnole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
I enjoy watching the shark shows, really most any show dealing with the oceans. Came in from working in drenching humidity and heat earlier and turned on the discovery channel when I saw they had a shark program listed. And what do I find but a poor excuse of a human being Snoop dog hosting the show. Profanity laced stupid comments and adding nothing worthwhile to the program was all he offered. I really think the only topic he could intelligently comment on would be how to smoke dope. At least when they had Shaq or Phelps on they did not ruin the show with asinine comments. I guess this is more examples of our entertainment trying include all cultures in their programming. I am glad I had a channel changer.

I wonder who they write his checks out to….”Mr. Dogg, Mr. Snoop Dogg…..?”

There’s more programming and celebs than ever in this years shark week. It’s about 6 hours per day of original programming.

I’m sure Brad Paisley and William Shattner will have a ton to offer too! 😂

There’s more programming and celebs than ever in this years shark week. It’s about 6 hours per day of original programming.

I’m sure Brad Paisley and William Shattner will have a ton to offer too! 😂

Maybe the sharks will eat Shattner, but the indigestion would probably kill'em.

Reactions: GbrNole
I do like the Josh Gates tonight episodes though. Clever, funny guy. Does more tonight episodes than just shark week.

I enjoy watching the shark shows, really most any show dealing with the oceans. Came in from working in drenching humidity and heat earlier and turned on the discovery channel when I saw they had a shark program listed. And what do I find but a poor excuse of a human being Snoop dog hosting the show. Profanity laced stupid comments and adding nothing worthwhile to the program was all he offered. I really think the only topic he could intelligently comment on would be how to smoke dope. At least when they had Shaq or Phelps on they did not ruin the show with asinine comments. I guess this is more examples of our entertainment trying include all cultures in their programming. I am glad I had a channel changer.
I do sense a high level of distaste around these parts for opinions contradictory to their own.

• Haha
Reactions: kingpin_22
Man, I grew up LOVING shark week. It’s a shame what it has turned into. Check out Nat Geo’s competing shark shows. Pretty solid stuff.

I used to get excited for Shark Week, but no more. My wife was puzzled til I pulled up the guide and showed her the lineup. Then she understood.

Shark week has lost all of it's appeal. Nat Geo for at least this year and last has been and is still doing a far better job. The one earlier today of the 700 sharks feasting on the spawning groupers was a great show. The divers had some balls for sure. In my over 6000 logged dives on two occasions I found myself in the middle of a 12-20 sharks descending on an area and going into a feeding frenzy on a large amount of schooling fish. I can promise I was not as calm as the divers on the show.

Reactions: GbrNole
Discovery Channel has long been a joke, friend. Please try not to buy into the sensationalism regarding fear of sharks. They don't attack humans often. "Shark week" should not be a thing.

So....you are telling divinnole about sharks. 😂
I watched the shark week show on Discovery Channel that featured the Jackass crew so I'm basically an expert now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT