ADVERTISEMENT

What in the heck happened on Warchant 3/29/02?

PoopandBoogers

Veteran Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Noticed quite a bit of posters, including myself, have that date as their join date. Can't be a coincidence. Was that the last time there was an upgrade to the website? A mass banning being lifted? Another fsu board getting shut down? A big scandal (was that when AMac's gambling came to light)? When Gonolz derricked Tnnolelady? I honestly don't remember.

That was the day that Filipino actor Rico Yan passed away. I'm sure that a lot of people joined that day to share in their grief and trade stories about the things that they'd most miss from Rico's life.

RIP Rico.

That was the day that Filipino actor Rico Yan passed away. I'm sure that a lot of people joined that day to share in their grief and trade stories about the things that they'd most miss from Rico's life.

RIP Rico.

:D

Mine is listed as 4/1/02............but I was on here before 9/11, so not sure how they determine start date (maybe that was when I started paying for the service).

:D

Mine is listed as 4/1/02............but I was on here before 9/11, so not sure how they determine start date (maybe that was when I started paying for the service).
I doubt it's tied to when you started pay... because I never have. That might have been when we migrated from being hosted by ..???.. to being hosted by rivals.com. This site has gone through a bunch of changes over the years.

Maybe it was 2001 but I recall one of the years around that time there was some kind of migration from an older site to an upgraded platform. I don't think it was seamless like this one.....I think you had to find the place. It might have been me and Mike_G at one point trying to break in the new hoops board. Nobody was around and we were showing up and yelling "Helloooooooooooooooo"!, and other stuff, trying to draw some attention and listening for the echo.

Reactions: Bartdog
Maybe it was 2001 but I recall one of the years around that time there was some kind of migration from an older site to an upgraded platform. I don't think it was seamless like this one.....I think you had to find the place. It might have been me and Mike_G at one point trying to break in the new hoops board. Nobody was around and we were showing up and yelling "Helloooooooooooooooo"!, and other stuff, trying to draw some attention and listening for the echo.
yes! I remember that now. We came upon it by accident when the links were changed too early by mistake. I remember posting in the old board about how weird the new one was. Some people were upset their post counts didn't come over. I think that is why lt has (had?) this thing that says post #99,999.

Mine says 9/2/03 but I was on here way before then. Not sure exactly when I found my way into the LR but I think it was probably 97/98 if I had to guess. Back to the original question about the 3/29/02 date- maybe everyone that was banned for posting Assets was reinstated on that day.

Maybe it was 2001 but I recall one of the years around that time there was some kind of migration from an older site to an upgraded platform.
Yeah IIRC, Warchant.com returned to the Rivals network around that time. It had been on Rivals during the late 90's, but left when Rivals folded. Rivals was resurrected around early 2001 and I think the Seminole site when they reopened was "The Osceola News". Shortly after, they got Warchant.com to come back and the Osceola writers came on staff under Warchant.

It's just another 'Rival's attempt at subjugating the people!

And when I looked up there was this huge tar ball heading straight for me! I won't fall for that one again...
images

Does this thing automatically quote every thread?

Apparently it does if you click the reply button on another's post. To avoid this, you can scroll to the bottom and begin typing in the reply box that's there waiting for you.

Noticed quite a bit of posters, including myself, have that date as their join date. Can't be a coincidence. Was that the last time there was an upgrade to the website? A mass banning being lifted? Another fsu board getting shut down? A big scandal (was that when AMac's gambling came to light)? When Gonolz derricked Tnnolelady? I honestly don't remember.

Tread carefully. BiF tried to reveal my identity as Derrick. We all know how that turned out. Repeat after me, Gonolz is not Derrick!

This was the date our souls left our body and flew up towards heaven, joining the man-God Elvis and his she-wench Amelia Earhart. Meanwhile, our physical bodies are remaining on Mundus to type on Warchant for eternity before The Rapture takes us.

FACT.
1290603068_crazy-brazilian-murderer-interview.gif

Who was it that posted nudes of his wife one night? I think it was a Friday night and I missed it. That could have lead to a flood of new LR residents.

Who was it that posted nudes of his wife one night? I think it was a Friday night and I missed it. That could have lead to a flood of new LR residents.
Believe that was WIT, haven't seen him post in quite awhile.

Mine says 4 days before 9/11. I was on here before that, but I don't remember when I started paying.

WIT's was an ex-gf from long before his ex wife. She was a crazy Wisconsin stripper that still had the hots for him and tried to show it by hooking up with brother or cousin or something like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT