ADVERTISEMENT

What kind of loot did Santa bring you?

A new Weber Kettle Grill with the table and ash catcher. I was going to get just the regular kettle grill without the fancy stuff, but wife said she wanted to get it for me for Christmas and went with the upgrade because she knew I wouldn't do it for myself.

A whetstone and a some toiletries with an new overnight pack (which I needed desperately). Plus undies and under shirts. Pretty good haul.

My wife and I stopped buying stuff for each other years ago so the only thing I got was a new pair of sunglasses to replace the pair I lost at the Notre Dame game from my kids.
I also got the opportunity to either cook and feed

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
Home time with our kids caused me to miss out on traveling and hanging with my mom in Tally, but will do so next week.
Food, food, and lots of good food. They gave me some nice clothes, and wifey is pushing me into the smart phone world via an Apple 8. Shoot, my old Envie has done everything needed for 10 years now. It was all the phone that I ever needed.
Material stuff is of less and less import to us. We just wanna hang with each other and have fun.
I hope y’all got what ever it takes to be happy and content. Best wishes on a fantastic year upcoming, which surely will include good stuff for FSU football, track and field, basketball, soccer, softball, baseball, etc...

My wife and I stopped buying gifts for each other years ago so all I got was a pair of sunglasses to replace the pair I lost at the Notre Dame game from my kids.
I also got the opportunity to either cook and feed or go to a restaurant and pay and feed my kids, their BF or GF and other friends.

Reactions: billanole
My wife and I stopped buying gifts for each other years ago so all I got was a pair of sunglasses to replace the pair I lost at the Notre Dame game from my kids.
I also got the opportunity to either cook and feed or go to a restaurant and pay and feed my kids, their BF or GF and other friends.
Good stuff, Jim.
Food and fellowship top the list. The rest trails a distant second...

IMG_20181222_142851.jpg

Reactions: kld04g
A new Weber Kettle Grill with the table and ash catcher. I was going to get just the regular kettle grill without the fancy stuff, but wife said she wanted to get it for me for Christmas and went with the upgrade because she knew I wouldn't do it for myself.

A whetstone and a some toiletries with an new overnight pack (which I needed desperately). Plus undies and under shirts. Pretty good haul.
I’ve got the same Weber setup and really like it, and use it for everything but smoking (I have a BGE for that). I added the rotisserie and LOVE it.

Reactions: FSU_UCLA
My son and I told mom/wife that we wanted a Nintendo Switch. I meant one, but she heard “one each.” So, I got a Switch, and so did our son. Oh, also, my wife has taken over my Switch and has been playing Mario Kart against our son, with him on his Switch. :)

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
The wife and I have a 10 dollar rule, and it has become a competition to see who gets the best gift for under 10 dollars.

The wife won this year, as I received a Jim Beam Bold and Spicy Barbecue Kit, complete with tongs, and 1 rib-eye steak. The steak was sold by the guy who sells steaks out of his van, down by the river( not really he just has a huge blow up steak next to his van in a closed down mall parking lot) with instructions from said steak and grill master how steak should be prepared with Jim Beam Kit.
We are having friends over Saturday for college football and steaks, if I do not post Sunday, you will know the quality of said steak I received as a gift

Some little stuff (Ninja personal blender, yoga mat, etc.) and a bunch of cash ($500-600). I'll probably put half the cash in my savings stash and give the other half to our church's Christmas global offering.

I got permission from the boss to buy a Contender does that count?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT