ADVERTISEMENT

What we know on Derwin James' knee injury (Sunday PM 'update')

iraschoffel

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Jul 13, 2014
Sunday PM update

Still nothing really new to report but want to let everyone know we aren't sleeping on this. Spoke to an source inside the program early this evening and there is still optimism based on the early tests that Derwin James will be alright, or at the least that the injury won't be serious. But at this stage the MRI results are not in and that's the final say. While the early signs are positive nothing is certain until the MRI comes in. We expect to hear something more definitive on Monday. Good chance we'll have a firm update by Jimbo Fisher's 1pm press conference. Stay tuned...

---------------------------

Sunday morning update on what we're hearing:

I hesitate to post this because it's not definitive. I'm not sure if they know anything definitive at this point. But after communicating with three second-hand sources, there at the very least is optimism that Derwin could be OK.

Now, the MRI could come back and say something different. But from what we heard late last night from three different people, there was at least reason for optimism.

Like I said, I hesitated to post this because we don't know for sure. And it could come back that it's bad news. But I've seen so many people saying that he's done for the year that I wanted to encourage you to not jump to any conclusions. When we know more, we'll let you know.

----------------------

FIRST UPDATE

Jimbo said they will do an MRI on Derwin's knee.

The team doesn't know anything right now. One source I spoke with said they are hopeful that it checks out OK but they won't know until he has his MRI.

So this isn't a case where they aren't telling us ... they really don't know.

Once we know more, we'll let ya know.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News