ADVERTISEMENT

What we learned/surprises issues & concerns

GvilleNole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
May 31, 2001
Anybody have any thoughts on some of our weaknesses . Maybe jerry or somebody could write an article on this or share his thoughts

Defense
Surprisingly Dent seems to be by far or best defensive back and Duke Cooper and Knowles have not just played average but actually played poorly. I think they are way out in the lead for the worst grade so far. Nobody is even competing with them? It seems like these these two guys or at least the cornerbacks position are by far the weakest position on the entire defense. Good Lord who saw that coming. The PFF grades are like in the 40s - 50s. And Robinson has not been good.
Besides that we feel pretty good about the defense? Verse has made some mental errors but I think he gets much better quickly. I still think he has exceeded expectations and a non issue.. but a strength.

Offense
Emmanuel's past blocking grade at guard was similar to what we saw with Bello a few years ago. we might as well have been playing with four linemen when he was in. Also I think our right tackle had a pretty poor pass blocking grade? Yes it was his first start and the LSU DEs are a big ask.
The wide receivers are still a large question mark. Though they flashed potential the first few games Pokey Wilson is the only one that's been a performer so far. Maybe Pittman.. but he had some huge drops. Hopefully they start to turn the corner of the next two games and we have at least pokey Johnny and Pittman.

Special teams
kicker

Are these pretty much our biggest issues with players at this point. We've really only played one real game but that's the trend so far. Got to feel pretty good about where we are so far

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News