ADVERTISEMENT

Who decided mens' dress pants should....

NYCNole

Star Player
Apr 1, 2002
be skin tight & stop atop the ankle. Walking around Uptown Charlotte today & the millenial dudes look as if they are wearing capri's. Definitely not masculine looking & cannot be comfortable. Asked a few female friends & they agree the look is not cool.

Reactions: squiffynole
Haven't Europeans been dressing like that for years?

Beats the heck out of pleated pants that have enough material for 3 pairs and have a full 6" bunched up at the ankles. Buy clothes that actually fit. Hard to comprehend for some. Just because the waist "fits" doesn't mean the rest does too!
like me until recently they were probably stuck in the 80's. Amazing they (pleats) lasted that long.

Reactions: cmanole
My Euro bikini keeps my nuts high and tight, thank you very much.
QORBQH.png

I'll assume he cuff & pleat talk is just jokes ... Those have been out for decades.

The high water dress pants are a fad, a little trend that will look ridiculous to everyone eventually. Not everyone realizes that now but they will one day.

Men's dress style has been pretty consistent for a century. Each decade has its own twists, & the incredibly slim fit stuff is this decade's.

The timeless look is to buy and wear clothes that fit your body. Get it properly fitted, properly tailored. Never too baggy and never too tight. It's not that hard.

Reactions: MIKE_G
It all started with skinny jeans. Dumbest damn things ever invented. Skinny pants were developed for men whose privates resemble that of a Ken Doll.

th

Don't forget the exposed loud pattern socks.

At 6'2" and a 32/33 inch waist, I can't help but rock the ankle look.

A friend of mine is a buyer for a department store and she told me that men's pleated dress pants are starting to come back in style again.

Who is looking in the area of where pleats are to see if they are there or not? You may want to refocus your eyes elsewhere. I have no idea whether a guy is wearing pleated pants or not and really couldn't care less.

Reactions: noleone99 and RTM58
Definitely not a hipster. Just don't like to be relegated to baggy pants and moo-moo shirts. Not skinny either. Well, locker room skinny maybe.

Plenty of hipsters where I live. Might be a little old to pull it off. Not sure I have the patience to grow out and wax my mustache like Rollie Fingers. I could trade my mountain bike in for a single-gear bike though.

Definitely not a hipster. Just don't like to be relegated to baggy pants and moo-moo shirts. Not skinny either. Well, locker room skinny maybe.

Then don't be. Wear what you want, whether you do so because you think it looks good, or because it's comfortable, or because it's what your spouse/significant other wants you to wear. Don't worry so much about what the cover of the fashion magazines tell you is "in." Very few people actually give a crap what you wear.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
I'll assume he cuff & pleat talk is just jokes ... Those have been out for decades.

The high water dress pants are a fad, a little trend that will look ridiculous to everyone eventually. Not everyone realizes that now but they will one day.

Men's dress style has been pretty consistent for a century. Each decade has its own twists, & the incredibly slim fit stuff is this decade's.

The timeless look is to buy and wear clothes that fit your body. Get it properly fitted, properly tailored. Never too baggy and never too tight. It's not that hard.

This guy gets it. If you want to show a tiny bit of sock, I don't begrudge that style choice.

The 1-2 inches of space between hem and shoe is excessive and offensive, but no more so than 2 inches of bunched up material sitting atop a shoe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT