ADVERTISEMENT

Who here would support pay-for-view tv AND not ask for a ticket refund?

Spenser1

Seminole Insider
Aug 31, 2002
Let's say (God forbid!) that the powers that be say we can't have ANY fans in the stadium this fall, but we will play the games anyway. This is NOT how I hope things shake out, but let's just say it does happen. It seems to me that FSU could make at least SOME money if our games were shown on pay for view, AND if season ticket holders were OK with letting FSU keep the money that has already been spent for tickets (and maybe the really loyal fans would even donate the $$ they would otherwise spend for travel, etc.).

I'm not a financial guy, but I'll bet someone out there could do some quick calculations and see how much $$ we could make in the above scenario, and it MIGHT be enough to keep things from being a total disaster financially this fall if no fans were allowed in the stands.

I for one would be fine with this, and would pay to watch the games on tv, donate, etc., etc., as a way of helping us get through this (hopefully) one-year moratorium on fans in the seats. And perhaps one of you 'geeky' guys out there could put up a poll along these lines, be interesting to see who else would do this if necessary. And to repeat, this would NOT be what I would want, this is a 'hypothetical' solution to a very messy problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News