ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the chef on here that’s at G Foley’s?

FSUTribe76

Veteran Seminole Insider
Jan 23, 2008
I spoke to your GM last week about doing 50 meals catered on every Monday as it’s literally about 6 or 7 blocks away and she hasn’t gotten back in touch with me. I wanted to have a high end “treat” day to go with the low end cheat day we’re doing on Sundays with Shane’s Rib Shack 3 out of 4 Sunday’s (1: bbq pork and chicken, 2: hamburger and grilled chicken sammy “bar” and 3: smoked wings with a variety of sauces) with the fourth Sunday being Pizza. The other five days we’re doing a healthy diet of rotating styles with a young chef formerly/currently from Spinnaker’s doing some off site catering.

So you can see roughly what we’re looking for, the cheap Tues-Sat menu from the guy from Spinakers will be this.

Bruschetta Chicken

w/ garlic herbpotatoes

$12 per person

Cajun Style Shrimp w/ corn on the cob & redpotato

$14 per person

Steak Kabobs

w/ brown rice

$14 per person

Chili Lime Cod

w/ green beans & quinoa

$14 per person

Non-Breaded Chicken Parm w/ spaghetti squash

$13 per person

Lemon Salsa Verde Scallops

w/ peas & brown rice

$14 per person

Mexican styleGround Turkey w/

Zucchini

$13 per person

Italian Style Shrimp w/ green beans & mash potato

$14 per person

Mint & Lime Flavored Chickenw/ side of broccoli

$13 per person

Greek StyleSteakw/ brown rice

$13 per person

Jerk Chicken w/ brown rice & red beans

$14 per person

Garlic Lemon Mahi Mahi w/ asparagus & sweet potato mash

$14 per person

Balsamic Steak & Potatoes w/ side of green beans

$14 per person

Garlic Thai Shrimp

w/ brown rice & peas

$14 per person

Cajun Style Scallops

w/ garlic mash potato & asparagus

$14 per person

Ground Turkey Pesto Meatballs w/ brown rice

$12 per person

Chile Lime SteakFajitas

w/ spinach tortilla shells

$14 per person

Honey Garlic Shrimp w/ brown rice & broccoli

$14 per person

Lemon Chicken

w/ mash potato & peppery zucchini

$12 per person

Baked Tilapia

w/ green beans & quinoa

$14 per person

Peppercorn SteakStrips w/

Zucchini Squash & Potatoes

$14 per person

Lamb/Beef Foil Wraps w/ feta, onion, lettuce, tomato, tzatziki

$12 per person

Chicken Marsala

w/ peas & egg noodles

*no heavy cream

$13 per person

Cajun Style Cod

w/ green beans & red potatoes

$14 per person

Pesto Shrimp

w/ cooked tomatoes & spaghetti squash

$14 per person

Curry Chicken & Veggies

broccoli & brown rice

$13 per person

Cilantro Lime Chimichurri Steakw/ asparagus

$14 per person

Scallop Scampi & Peppers

w/ boiled potato

$14 per person

You are a treasure, OP.

I can’t recall who it was, but somebody claimed to be a chef there about six months ago. My new facility is literally around the corner and opening next month and I’m getting ready to finalize all of my vendors (not just food). The GM said that they don’t have a catering license (really only required for schools, hospitals, prisons, military etc..., no church group, wedding planner or business cares if anyone has a “catering” license) but it’s ridiculously cheap and easy to get. Considering I’m talking about dropping $1500+ a week for just fifty meals it seems like a nobrainer to me, but they haven’t gotten back to me in a week. Which considering I should be the one being seduced not the seducer, seems very odd.

Maybe her answering machine cut off before you stopped talking long enough to give the phone number.

:D

Nah, met her in person and she talked my ear off. But she hasn’t followed up and I don’t normally like to jump over people in deals but I do want to finalize it quickly and without fuss. If G Foley’s doesn’t want my $50-70k year in business on a day I purposefully picked as it’s usually a dead time for restaurants, I’m sure Firefly or one of the others would. But I’d rather do G Foley as I know it’s good and literally just a few blocks away so the catering wouldn’t get cold.

Reactions: SoddyNole
Nah, met her in person and she talked my ear off. But she hasn’t followed up and I don’t normally like to jump over people in deals but I do want to finalize it quickly and without fuss. If G Foley’s doesn’t want my $50-70k year in business on a day I purposefully picked as it’s usually a dead time for restaurants, I’m sure Firefly or one of the others would. But I’d rather do G Foley as I know it’s good and literally just a few blocks away so the catering wouldn’t get cold.

Restaurant mangers work a lot of hours and I would just try to get in contact with her again. It is probably a simple oversight with the manager and hopefully she is not completely scatter brained. Which is not exactly uncommon in that industry by the way. But for now I would give her the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Are the patients allowed to get stoned on their cheat-day?

Not currently. But there are a few facilities out west that have started incorporating marijuana into their residential treatment. Right now with “certain someones” in charge of the state and Fed, I would not be willing to allow it. But in two or three years? Why not? A lot of the heroin/opioid patients got started because of underlying pain and other issues which could potentially be alleviated by a prescribed use of marijuana.

TC would eat him alive.

Why the fudge is this even a thread?

Because I’m trying to track someone down and politely inquire over the GMs head rather than go there and 1) waste my time and/or 2) potentially tick people off.

Because I’m trying to track someone down and politely inquire over the GMs head rather than go there and 1) waste my time and/or 2) potentially tick people off.
How about because you posted a menu of what you want? What was the point of that? If you just wanted to connect, you could have left that all out and spoke about it privately if/when he replied.

How about because you posted a menu of what you want? What was the point of that? If you just wanted to connect, you could have left that all out and spoke about it privately if/when he replied.

Or....and I’m just throwing this out there...if you’re not the person I’m trying to communicate with or someone who can get in touch with them....then you don’t click on the thread.

Or....and I’m just throwing this out there...if you’re not the person I’m trying to communicate with or someone who can get in touch with them....then you don’t click on the thread.
What if you didn't post something you don't want other people commenting on, on a message board?

Not currently. But there are a few facilities out west that have started incorporating marijuana into their residential treatment. Right now with “certain someones” in charge of the state and Fed, I would not be willing to allow it. But in two or three years? Why not? A lot of the heroin/opioid patients got started because of underlying pain and other issues which could potentially be alleviated by a prescribed use of marijuana.
Subscribed

Is the GM not returning your calls in the last week? If you have called a few times and she hasn't gotten back to you that would be a red flag about how they will deliver. If a post in the Locker Room trying to reach a chef whose name is not clear, that is probably not the most efficient method.

I have a new business idea. I think I'm going to start a facility for internet board addicts. I'll need food catered. Anyone have the phone number of a good restaurant that will cater?

Is the GM not returning your calls in the last week? If you have called a few times and she hasn't gotten back to you that would be a red flag about how they will deliver. If a post in the Locker Room trying to reach a chef whose name is not clear, that is probably not the most efficient method.

I have a new business idea. I think I'm going to start a facility for internet board addicts. I'll need food catered. Anyone have the phone number of a good restaurant that will cater?

Eh, I thought I remembered him posting semi-regularly so this should be a decent way to get in touch. But no, I’m not going to repeatedly call the GM. I’m the customer not the salesman, if they don’t want to work for my $$$ during the initial honeymoon period then it’s NOT going to work out six months from now.

Before I can pass you the number of my caterer I'm going to need to see a detailed request menu.
BTW, he only accepts payment in bitcoin.

Hey, did anyone see my dog? He got out last night and I still haven't found him. Thanks!

A rehab where you can sit around and get stoned to the bone while eating gourmet food.

Eh, I thought I remembered him posting semi-regularly so this should be a decent way to get in touch. But no, I’m not going to repeatedly call the GM. I’m the customer not the salesman, if they don’t want to work for my $$$ during the initial honeymoon period then it’s NOT going to work out six months from now.

if they don't want to deal with long winded crap from someone who knows better than they do during the initial negotiation period then it might not work out either.

I cringe for the first delivery kid who shows up with a main course infused with the wrong truffle oil.

if they don't want to deal with long winded crap from someone who knows better than they do during the initial negotiation period then it might not work out either.

I cringe for the first delivery kid who shows up with a main course infused with the wrong truffle oil.

The wrong kind of truffle oil is any truffle oil. It should be real truffles or not at all, especially not chemically flavored olive oil with a “truffle oil” label slapped on it.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2011/04/rant-enough-with-the-truffle-oil-already.html

Tribe.

Give me a shout on email. I’ve been busy. “Life” happens but We can work something out. Especially since I’ve started my own business and left Gfoleys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT