ADVERTISEMENT

Why I joined Warchant

T_Lang

Seminole Insider
Mar 1, 2012
Good morning everyone, I am so proud to be typing this salutation at my new home, Warchant!

Here's how excited I am for my next chapter: I woke up shortly after 8am, *far* later than I had planned for.

I went to bed just before 10 last night and tossed and turned until 3 in the morning. Best laid plans for a 5 a.m. hour wakeup call for work (and maybe some action from the Open...) were torpedoed by a Christmas Eve kind of anxiety.

Gene Williams and Ira Schoffel could not have been better throughout the vetting process. As we were trying to figure out a fit, Gene knocked his pitch out of the park. Ira was his usual thorough and calming self regarding what things would look like day-to-day. Gene and Ira have been longtime friends and part-time coworkers, but jumping in all the way comes with unique nerves. I thank them for walking me through our many conversations as true professionals.

So what will things look like?

First, a major reason that I'm leaving radio full-time is the lack of balance between creation and maintenance. The longer in the tooth I got as a radio guy, the more maintenance was necessary across all facets of the business. That's not what I got into the career for; I pursued broadcasting because I wanted to create engaging content while covering something I feel passionately about. The role at Warchant will be just that - creating fun stuff to share with fellow 'Noles.

You'll see my work on the site, on Warchant's YouTube Channel in various ways (one will seem *extremely* familiar) and I'll be dropping by to podcast once in a while too.

When you have a loaded staff like this one - I mean this group reminds me of the Champion Buccaneer and Lightning rosters - it gets fun really, really fast. I have known Corey for years and am proud to call him a friend. Same for Michael Langston - we go way back as well. I got to know Aslan right after he started here and, man, he's incredibly generous when it comes to explaining how he builds the excellent content he makes every day. He and I got along pretty quickly and it's going to be fun to watch him in action. And I can't wait to work with Austin - how impressive has he been so far in his full-time gig?!

Plus, there may be a surprise or two along the way!

All this to say I am grateful to so many for being here. Most of all, I am thankful to have a patient, caring wife who was a steadying force against an uncertain period in my life.

Now, I'm ready to talk to you in various ways starting today!

Thank you for supporting Warchant across its many platforms. Without you, this incredible culture we have behind the scenes would not be possible. We are here because you are here.

Here's to many years of commiserating about our 'Noles together.

Cheers,

-Tom

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News