ADVERTISEMENT

Why is anyone positive about this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

STPNole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Feb 14, 2013
First of all, because this great country of ours has so horrendously mismanaged the COVID crisis, it’s really a miracle we’re even entertaining college football at this time. And all it will take is one additional spike and you know as well as I that it will all be shut down.

Put that rotten reality aside, nothing I’m hearing so far makes me think this team is at all improved from last year. OL still sucks. And we could stop right there. Our horrendous OL play over the last 3-4 years cost us at least 3 or 4 wins each year. And early reports suggest our QBs and RBs will be running for their lives again this year. If it’s played.

We lost Laborn and DJ and who the hell knows about Thompson and that drama? Of course Cam is gone, our one shining star last year.

Early reports suggest the freshman QBs have a long way to go. And I’m not hearing much from our offensive side of the ball. Which makes sense. Whole new system with almost no time to install, how can we blame the offense for its apparent struggles?

We’ll see. But I’m not at all sure what from what we’re hearing breeds optimism at this point. I just worry many fans are setting themselves up for disappointment. As for me, anything more than 5 wins next year and I’ll be okay. Not satisfied, but realistically okay.

Reactions: rowdienole
First of all, because this great country of ours has so horrendously mismanaged the COVID crisis, it’s really a miracle we’re even entertaining college football at this time. And all it will take is one additional spike and you know as well as I that it will all be shut down.

Put that rotten reality aside, nothing I’m hearing so far makes me think this team is at all improved from last year. OL still sucks. And we could stop right there. Our horrendous OL play over the last 3-4 years cost us at least 3 or 4 wins each year. And early reports suggest our QBs and RBs will be running for their lives again this year. If it’s played.

We lost Laborn and DJ and who the hell knows about Thompson and that drama? Of course Cam is gone, our one shining star last year.

Early reports suggest the freshman QBs have a long way to go. And I’m not hearing much from our offensive side of the ball. Which makes sense. Whole new system with almost no time to install, how can we blame the offense for its apparent struggles?

We’ll see. But I’m not at all sure what from what we’re hearing breeds optimism at this point. I just worry many fans are setting themselves up for disappointment. As for me, anything more than 5 wins next year and I’ll be okay. Not satisfied, but realistically okay.

You seem fun

I stopped reading at “because this great country of ours has so horrendously mismanaged the COVID crisis”... Good luck on your next try. Hope this helps...
Because we’ve done better than ————- what country again? Seriously, we’ve proven that a rich country with every resource imaginable can prove to the world what utter incompetence looks like.

First of all, because this great country of ours has so horrendously mismanaged the COVID crisis,

giphy.gif

Because we’ve done better than ————- what country again? Seriously, we’ve proven that a rich country with every resource imaginable can prove to the world what utter incompetence looks like.

You can blame most of that on 2 states. Those 2 states, combined, have more deaths, than the next 12 states combined. So, saying the whole country is not fair to the other 48 states.

Nevermind, it is not worth discussing with closed minds. I am ordering my tickets this week, will be looking to see if anyone who is not using their tickets is willing to let me buy them from them and finally reaching out to those road game fan bases to see if I can get at least one ticket to each road game. That said I will be there supporting FSU when the games are played whether it be in a few weeks, or months or next year. Much easier to be positive and feel good than be negative and learn some folks jump of the cliff.

And I'll catch a another warning if I comment at OP cause of politics...

:rolleyes: Depends upon your metric, as to "how we have performed" as it relates to the disease. Here are 7 countries with HIGHER death rates per 100,000 people. Belgium, United Kingdom, Peru, Spain, Italy, Sweden, and Chile. So, that is just one metric. We could also consider case fatality ratio, and in that metric, the US is doing significantly BETTER than MANY other countries. Our ratio is 3.3%, meaning that for every 100 people with Covid, only about 3 die.

So, you'll pardon me if I don't take your "utter incompetence" BS seriously. But, as to your original question, I'm looking forward to FSU football this year, because it is a new year of FSU football. I'll take THAT every single time, irrespective of how we did the previous year or of how so-called "experts" are convinced we might do this year. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don't forget, you were staring abhorrent incompetence in the face the whole time Willie was here, and you wanted to fight anyone that said that Willie was incompetent. You obviously have no idea what incompetence really is.

Hemorrhoids flare up again?

I stopped reading at “because this great country of ours has so horrendously mismanaged the COVID crisis”... Good luck on your next try. Hope this helps...

This... lock this thread for bringing politics in. I have posted several times of the positives that are not being reported about the virus. About all the fake news because of politics, then they all got locked. Please be consistent.

In answer to your subject line....because it’s August.

This... lock this thread for bringing politics in. I have posted several times of the positives that are not being reported about the virus. About all the fake news because of politics, then they all got locked. Please be consistent.
That’s the way it goes for me too. I used the word November and had my post deleted but this crap gets a pass.

Because I’m not a completely miserable person

I'm only looking for improvement over last year. Don't expect much.

What we’ve proven Mr. Negative is that in a few short months we are leading the world in 6 very promising stage 3 vaccine trials on roughly 30,000 people each. At least one of which produces critical T-cells. Your negativism isn’t welcome and don’t start with the BS about being realistic - we haven’t seen one down yet.

PS - don’t watch if you don’t want to see them improve.

Reactions: F4Gary and goldmom
Nevermind, it is not worth discussing with closed minds. I am ordering my tickets this week, will be looking to see if anyone who is not using their tickets is willing to let me buy them from them and finally reaching out to those road game fan bases to see if I can get at least one ticket to each road game. That said I will be there supporting FSU when the games are played whether it be in a few weeks, or months or next year. Much easier to be positive and feel good than be negative and learn some folks jump of the cliff.
Good post and enjoy some FSU football!

I remember in March, the media/CDC, 2 million deaths, utter chaos, fire and brimstone, cats and dogs sleeping together... 5 months later, what are we at? I wouldn’t call that horribly mismanaged. This season will be fun, and we’ll get through it at the dismay of many and people and we will think, man maybe this whole thing was a little overblown?

The MLS just completed a whole 60+ game tournament with very few postponements or lost players. I suspect if we do it right, it will be exactly the same for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT