ADVERTISEMENT

Why is anyone positive about this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the way it goes for me too. I used the word November and had my post deleted but this crap gets a pass.
Yep... still trying to figure that out... well not really but still... when I hammered a post for being too political after DOT made his point clear it was deleted....

Reactions: goldmom
First of all, because this great country of ours has so horrendously mismanaged the COVID crisis, it’s really a miracle we’re even entertaining college football at this time. And all it will take is one additional spike and you know as well as I that it will all be shut down.

Put that rotten reality aside, nothing I’m hearing so far makes me think this team is at all improved from last year. OL still sucks. And we could stop right there. Our horrendous OL play over the last 3-4 years cost us at least 3 or 4 wins each year. And early reports suggest our QBs and RBs will be running for their lives again this year. If it’s played.

We lost Laborn and DJ and who the hell knows about Thompson and that drama? Of course Cam is gone, our one shining star last year.

Early reports suggest the freshman QBs have a long way to go. And I’m not hearing much from our offensive side of the ball. Which makes sense. Whole new system with almost no time to install, how can we blame the offense for its apparent struggles?

We’ll see. But I’m not at all sure what from what we’re hearing breeds optimism at this point. I just worry many fans are setting themselves up for disappointment. As for me, anything more than 5 wins next year and I’ll be okay. Not satisfied, but realistically okay.

Why be positive at all, when you’re dodging the pieces of the sky that are falling - right?
(sarcasm font)

Reactions: PburgJWaters
First of all, because this great country of ours has so horrendously mismanaged the COVID crisis, it’s really a miracle we’re even entertaining college football at this time. And all it will take is one additional spike and you know as well as I that it will all be shut down.

Put that rotten reality aside, nothing I’m hearing so far makes me think this team is at all improved from last year. OL still sucks. And we could stop right there. Our horrendous OL play over the last 3-4 years cost us at least 3 or 4 wins each year. And early reports suggest our QBs and RBs will be running for their lives again this year. If it’s played.

We lost Laborn and DJ and who the hell knows about Thompson and that drama? Of course Cam is gone, our one shining star last year.

Early reports suggest the freshman QBs have a long way to go. And I’m not hearing much from our offensive side of the ball. Which makes sense. Whole new system with almost no time to install, how can we blame the offense for its apparent struggles?

We’ll see. But I’m not at all sure what from what we’re hearing breeds optimism at this point. I just worry many fans are setting themselves up for disappointment. As for me, anything more than 5 wins next year and I’ll be okay. Not satisfied, but realistically okay.
Care to explain the “mismanagement” and specifically what you would have done?

BS continues.

What's BS, 2 states have 50 thousand, Cali has 11, TX has 10, FL has 9...

I'm not saying we should not be taking precautions, just that 2 states did really bad at handling the virus. Could we have done better definitely, but everywhere could have been like the NE as well.

Reactions: goldmom
Care to explain the “mismanagement” and specifically what you would have done?
Maybe, just maybe, let’s all have a national mask mandate. But I know, it’s just such an encumbrance to stop a lethal global virus. Or we could do what we have done and treated this virus like some kind of pretend threat that, as our national leader declares, will just all go away, it’ll be like magic. Maybe have just some basic semblance of national leadership. Or we can just keep dying. That’s another option. Seems like every other country figured this out. I wonder what is the difference. Could it possibly be lack of national leadership?

I remember in March, the media/CDC, 2 million deaths, utter chaos, fire and brimstone, cats and dogs sleeping together... 5 months later, what are we at? I wouldn’t call that horribly mismanaged. This season will be fun, and we’ll get through it at the dismay of many and people and we will think, man maybe this whole thing was a little overblown?

The MLS just completed a whole 60+ game tournament with very few postponements or lost players. I suspect if we do it right, it will be exactly the same for them.
We’re at 175,000 deaths, 22% of the global total, despite having 4% of the global population. That 2 million number was assuming no mitigation efforts, and was later retracted. This information is widely available, you just have to want to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT