ADVERTISEMENT

Will or have Vaccines helped football operations return to normal?

Backinday

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Jan 9, 2018
North America
It seems with 2021 Camps starting about 90 days away and the affects of the constant protocols on 2020 Football that Vaccines would be the step to 100% eliminate that.
Clemson is reported to only have about 20% of players vaccinated vs schools like Ohio State and Notre Dame close to 90 Percent. I have seen no rules or even guidance from the Conference or the NCAA.
Will this be a non issue?. or does it still risk the return to somewhat normal football operation? Maybe this is a non issue and it is what it is, but I keep thinking someone would say something?

Reactions: SERecruit
It seems with 2021 Camps starting about 90 days away and the affects of the constant protocols on 2020 Football that Vaccines would be the step to 100% eliminate that.
Clemson is reported to only have about 20% of players vaccinated vs schools like Ohio State and Notre Dame close to 90 Percent. I have seen no rules or even guidance from the Conference or the NCAA.
Will this be a non issue?. or does it still risk the return to somewhat normal football operation? Maybe this is a non issue and it is what it is, but I keep thinking someone would say something?
Two thoughts; you don't need to be vaccinated if you had Covid and Clemson had a lot of players get Covid so 20% vaccinated doesn't mean 20% protected. And any school that isn't strongly encouraging students as well as student athletes to get vaccinated is doing their states/students a disservice. In a few states (Texas and Utah) the state legislature has stepped in and denied schools the ability to require it, but they can require the MMR???? Anyway, I live in an area that has 99.9% of 65 and older vaccinated and 64% of the entire population, yet some still want to fight over wearing masks or not. So there isn't going to be much rationality in this issue.

Two thoughts; you don't need to be vaccinated if you had Covid and Clemson had a lot of players get Covid so 20% vaccinated doesn't mean 20% protected. And any school that isn't strongly encouraging students as well as student athletes to get vaccinated is doing their states/students a disservice. In a few states (Texas and Utah) the state legislature has stepped in and denied schools the ability to require it, but they can require the MMR???? Anyway, I live in an area that has 99.9% of 65 and older vaccinated and 64% of the entire population, yet some still want to fight over wearing masks or not. So there isn't going to be much rationality in this issue.
giphy.gif

Do I still need the COVID Vaccine if I already had COVID?

Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again

Last edited:
This is not true. You would not need for a few months after having Covid. There is no evidence being Covid positive provides any longer lasting immunity. They still recommend you get it.

giphy.gif

Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again

And the variants are a concern....and to each his or her own....I respect that.

All but about 5 of our guys caught the virus.

Reactions: Smileynole
A very small number of our guys are interested in getting the vaccine (they were asked). I doubt most of the team will bother. The NCAA info Jake had available showed that no athlete had contracted the virus twice. That was the thinking over a month ago at least. All but about 5 of our guys have had the virus (not counting incoming freshmen).

Reactions: Smileynole
giphy.gif

With all due respect, your source has about as much credibility as intentionally fake news sites such as the onion.

Repeat cases are extremely rare, and there’s no evidence at this time that says antibodies from virus exposure wear off sooner than vaccine induced antibodies.

I would give no thought to getting the vaccine had I already been exposed to the virus and had antibodies. And I’m not an anti vaxxer by any means. In fact, I got the vaccine myself despite some reservations.

With all due respect, your source has about as much credibility as intentionally fake news sites such as the onion.

Repeat cases are extremely rare, and there’s no evidence at this time that says antibodies from virus exposure wear off sooner than vaccine induced antibodies.

I would give no thought to getting the vaccine had I already been exposed to the virus and had antibodies. And I’m not an anti vaxxer by any means. In fact, I got the vaccine myself despite some reservations.
First 75MM fully vaccinated in USA had a infection rate of .008%. And those are the most vulnerable citizens that were vaccinated first. All infections of vaccinated folks have been senior citizens, most over 80. All this according to the CDC.

Reactions: Old School Nole Fan
A very small number of our guys are interested in getting the vaccine (they were asked). I doubt most of the team will bother. The NCAA info Jake had available showed that no athlete had contracted the virus twice. That was the thinking over a month ago at least. All but about 5 of our guys have had the virus (not counting incoming freshmen).
Wow, if true interesting. Not surprising, but interesting.

giphy.gif

Read the statement. "experts do not know how long you are protected from getting sick again." They also don's know how long you are protected with the vaccination. So, what is the difference?

Interesting......but I was just quoting the CDC from the first 75MM. Were these players fully vaccinated plus 2 weeks? Doesn't say. J&J? doesn't say. The stats in that news report has the infection rate at .009%, so basically right on the first 75MM.

And there were still testing everyone, so in theory that would be picking up all infections. So, 008% with voluntary reporting and .009% with everyone being tested. 7 asymptomatic cases and 2 with mild symptoms.

The original statement, which was stated as FACT, that "you don't need to be vaccinated if you already have COVID" is not fact. That is what I called out. Keep your political/tin foil hat conspiracy junk somewhere else.

Carry on

Reactions: ChiefWB
Interesting......but I was just quoting the CDC from the first 75MM. Were these players fully vaccinated plus 2 weeks? Doesn't say. J&J? doesn't say. The stats in that news report has the infection rate at .009%, so basically right on the first 75MM.
First week of April 85% of the team was vaccinated. Roughly a month before the outbreak. One of the new cases was vaccinated AND previously infected.

Reactions: Leben
Read the statement. "experts do not know how long you are protected from getting sick again." They also don's know how long you are protected with the vaccination. So, what is the difference?
the difference is your original statement, which was the "those who got covid DONT NEED to be vaccinated" is simply not a matter of fact.

First week of April 85% of the team was vaccinated. Roughly a month before the outbreak. One of the new cases was vaccinated AND previously infected.
And should be noted that NONE of them got seriously ill, which is the whole point of the vaccine. It's not some magic shield which prevents the virus from entering your body.

Reactions: ChiefWB and fsufool
The original statement, which was stated as FACT, that "you don't need to be vaccinated if you already have COVID" is not fact. That is what I called out. Keep your political/tin foil hat conspiracy junk somewhere else.

Carry on
Since this is the locker room, respectfully, how is it different with regards to protection from Covid from being vaccinated to having been infected?

And should be noted that NONE of them got seriously ill, which is the whole point of the vaccine. It's not some magic shield which prevents the virus from entering your body.
The way I understand it is that it gives your body the tools to fight the virus. Seems simple enough.

Reactions: Leben
Since this is the locker room, respectfully, how is it different with regards to protection from Covid from being vaccinated to having been infected?
Unknown, which is kinda the whole reason why people who got the virus SHOULDN'T just think they are good and don't need vaccination. If it's postulated that protection, whether through infection or vaccine, doesn't last forever, then if you were infected that protection isn't likely to last and you'd need another vaccine or infection or regain your protection. Antibody levels from vaccinations are being tracked since the introduction of clinical trails which began last year, so we're constantly getting updates on how long the vaccine continues to provide protection. The same can't be said for infections because no one is track those people and their antibodies in a clinical way.

To be clear, and I apologize for kinda poking fun at your with the GIF and the snarky remarks, I simply wanted to make sure that someone reading this thread didn't see your message and think "welp I had it so the vaccine is useless". Medical experts, CDC or otherwise, are encouraging EVERYONE to get the vaccine, regardless of previous infection.

And there were still testing everyone, so in theory that would be picking up all infections. So, 008% with voluntary reporting and .009% with everyone being tested. 7 asymptomatic cases and 2 with mild symptoms.

I read all had J and J, eight were asymptomatic and one had mild symptoms. None of the vaccines prevent Covid 19, but they have efficacy warding off serious illness, hospitalization or death. This wasn’t unexpected, particularly with J and J 65-70% efficacy fighting off infection. If that was the only vaccine available, we would be fortunate....incredibly, we have choice if we decide to go that direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: fsufool
I read all had J and J, eight were asymptomatic and one had mild symptoms. None of the vaccines prevent Covid 19, but they have efficacy warding off serious illness, hospitalization or death. This wasn’t unexpected, particularly with J and J 65-70% efficacy fighting off infection. If that was the only vaccine available, we would be fortunate....incredibly, we have choice if we decide to go that direction.
Yea, just saw that too. The CDC has stopped following break through infections in favor of breakthrough hospitalizations and death. After 115 MM fully vaccinated folks now .001% were hospitalized and /or died. Slightly higher than the first report at 75MM. I suspect almost all of them were older, but can't find the report on the CDC.

"We know that in the rare event that people get infected after a vaccine, the resulting infection is more likely to have a lower viral load, be shorter in duration, and likely less risky of transmission to others," CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said at a White House Covid-19 briefing last week.
That also means that people are unlikely to get very sick. In fact, there was so little virus present in many of the breakthrough cases, the CDC had trouble analyzing them.

giphy.gif

1. If you ACTUALLY had Covid, with Covid symptoms and positive Covid tests, then you DO NOT need to be vaccinated.

2. If you had a positive TEST, but no symptoms, then you MAY need to be vaccinated since there were millions of false positive test reports.

3. If you are UNSURE that you have had Covid (symptoms but no test, or a positive test but no symptoms) you can get an antibody test now that shows you DO NOT need the vaccination.

4. HOWEVER, measurable antibodies decline over time so if you wait 6-12 months or more to get the antibody test it may not help you decide. If you can get a T-cell test that confirms you have the needed protection, then you DO NOT need to be vaccinated.

Get the vaccine! And be ready to get another shot in Sept/Oct.
The Rocket Science Digest

It’s just weird now to be in a store and not have my mask on. Went into Lowe’s with one on and I was the only one wearing it.
Felt like the Lone Ranger. Or not.
It was nice to watch the Nascar qualifying interviews and not a mask in sight. They were in Texas.

It’s just weird now to be in a store and not have my mask on. Went into Lowe’s with one on and I was the only one wearing it.
Won't wear one again. If that means I can't patronize a particular business, industry or event, that's all fine with me. Life is all about choices.

Reactions: Idaho Nole
I went into Home Depot and had the same exact experience. Isn't life fickle and uncanny?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT