ADVERTISEMENT

Winston dodges Norman for good

CarlsbadNole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Mar 29, 2002
Norman has signed with the Redskins.

Josh Norman picked JW off twice last year i believe. The Panthers have effectively given more opportunity to JW and the Bucs, its crazy to let that guy go.

Norman has signed with the Redskins.

Josh Norman picked JW off twice last year i believe. The Panthers have effectively given more opportunity to JW and the Bucs, its crazy to let that guy go.
He got a lot of money ($15M/yr). That's a lot of money to give a CB (or really any non-QB). Plus he turns 29 this year in the 1st of his 5 year deal. He could regress really quickly.

He got a lot of money ($15M/yr). That's a lot of money to give a CB (or really any non-QB). Plus he turns 29 this year in the 1st of his 5 year deal. He could regress really quickly.

His age wouldnt be my concern. My concern would be that he was primarily a zone corner in Carolina. In that scheme he was really good, but I think Washington is going to expect him to play a lot more man and press coverages, and he isnt proven in that type of scheme. He might be really good in that type of scheme too, but I am not paying a CB that type of money and essentially just hope he works as well in that scheme as he did with Carolina's scheme.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT