ADVERTISEMENT

Winston possibly in the local news again

Cribbs

All-ACC
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2004
This potential story will be the biggest waste of time yet. It's only on a blog but the #1 rated morning radio show just posted it on Facebook so it could pick up steam. Anyways, he showed up to Blue Martini and was under dressed so he was denied entry. Yep that's the ground breaking news on the horizon.

This potential story will be the biggest waste of time yet. It's only on a blog but the #1 rated morning radio show just posted it on Facebook so it could pick up steam. Anyways, he showed up to Blue Martini and was under dressed so he was denied entry. Yep that's the ground breaking news on the horizon.
By the ESPN finishes w/ it, he will have been "undressed". ;)

Not a big deal, but good for the place maintaining standards. No reason shabbily dressed people should be allowed in regardless of their job. On a side note, Jameis, take your hat off inside.

Blue Martini- Helping underdressed 20yr old bros nail over-perfumed 50 yr old cougars since 2001.

Your thread title is a little misleading and led to some interesting thoughts LOL. Maybe change to being turned away for failing to meet the dress code.

Your thread title is a little misleading and led to some interesting thoughts LOL. Maybe change to being turned away for failing to meet the dress code.

The staffer said Jameis would be welcomed back if he had pants on. Rules are rules, but why have a rule on wearing pants in Florida, where a large percentage of the residents/tourists wear shorts? C'mon man.

Silly.

Rule #1 if you're a restaurant manager or owner - if a celebrity wants in, let him in, let him take pictures, make the best drink in the house for him. Oh yeah, I used to own a restaurant.... guess I didn't get enough celebs in Athens, GA.

This was my thought, and the only explanation that makes sense to me is that the bar is owned by gator fans or people who really hate him.

Lol, perhaps thread title should have said he was wearing shorts, rather than not wearing pants.

Funny nonetheless!

That someone getting turned away from an establishment for not meeting the dress code is somehow a news story says loads about today's journalism. Before long, we'll be hearing that he used too much toilet paper at a rest stop.

I'm not going to lie. When I saw the thread title I said "Oh dear God no!! It's over before it started!!" Lol. Whew!!

Reactions: NoleAPath
That owner is an idiot or has something personal against Jameis. You don't turn away Jameis Winston or any celebrity simply due to dress code. Anybody who has worked in a fine-dining restaurant will tell you that, the "rules" are never set in stone.

That owner is an idiot or has something personal against Jameis. You don't turn away Jameis Winston or any celebrity simply due to dress code. Anybody who has worked in a fine-dining restaurant will tell you that, the "rules" are never set in stone.

Exactly. Name one other town where a starting NFL QB would be denied admission to a bar or club. For those who don't yet understand the reality of the situation, there is a massive amount of hatred for Winston outside of FSU nation.

Blue Martini is hardly "upscale" and I would say that dress code is strictly enforced to keep the Tampa trash in Ybor where they belong. Not to keep a millionaire football player out when it is still daylight. Sounds like someone is boycotting JW.

Exactly. Name one other town where a starting NFL QB would be denied admission to a bar or club. For those who don't yet understand the reality of the situation, there is a massive amount of hatred for Winston outside of FSU nation.
Bars usually don't exist in a vacuum. Usually if there's one bar on a block, there's another. James just needs to frequent the other bar or bars. It would really affect business negatively for club 1.

In terms of the news cycle, glad that the "media' is running with this rather than OTL investigation in the protection of college football and basketball players. The statistics are troubling for FSU and UF.

I've eaten there, the location is like an outdoor mall type setting, so there are multiple stores/restuarants, and it's open in the day time, so if you were just shopping in shorts and then you decided to get something to eat, you would get turned away. It's one of those places that you have to plan on going to, but it's certainly not a Capital Grille.

This story covered byTMZ, lol...major news "Jameis refused restaurant entry without pants" are they that desperate for trash news?

FWIW This story was posted here several days ago and we all predicted that by the time ESPN et al finished w/ the story, JW wouldn't be "under dressed" but "undressed." :eek: Stay tuned.
I posted this story a few days ago and it was moved to the locker room forum where it's still active.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT