ADVERTISEMENT

Without comment

I had some young dude on a message board tell me I was a horrible gross insane person who lacked character because my viewpoint didn’t align with his.
🙄
A young person lecturing about character. Funny.

Reactions: goldmom
Thread zap coming in 3,2,1
That would be a shame, I believe as group, we're making alot of progress here. I find that the words and posts of the social justice boys have really broadened my outlook and have expanded my views. I'm thankful for their contributions on this board. I know in time, they'll express gratitude for all that I have done for them.

Reactions: goldmom
That would be a shame, I believe as group, we're making alot of progress here. I find that the words and posts of the social justice boys have really broadened my outlook and have expanded my views. I'm thankful for their contributions on this board. I know in time, they'll express gratitude for all that I have done for them.
Discussions where different ideas are expressed force people to think.
Defend your position or evolve after hearing divergent views.

During the Mao era in China the little red book telling you what/how to think was a cause for decrying everything about the ChiComs.

Debates have been a time honored event since the ancient Greeks. Must be out of favor in some circles these days.

You can't pretend to be objective when it's obvious that you're not. Kind of loses its punch at that point. Would be no different if you or I tried being a moderator. Everyone already knows what our views are.
I am not pretending anything. What gave you that idea?

I had some young dude on a message board tell me I was a horrible gross insane person who lacked character because my viewpoint didn’t align with his.
🙄
Why do you think your viewpoint topped his? You were once young…
The crew I ran with as a kid trusted no one over 30.
You are over 30

Last edited:
A young person lecturing about character. Funny.
Did you have to become some old prick in order to gain character?
That’s funny right there. Look in the mirror and ask how you would respond as a young
Define character.

Last edited:
Did you have to become some old prick in order to gain character?
That’s funny right there. Look in the mirror and ask how you would respond as a young
Define character.
What makes you think I'm old? Not sure what the second question is.

However, I will give you this bit of thought. "Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing." - ABRAHAM LINCOLN

Character is built, it grows with an individual through experiences. Can older people have low character? Of course, just as young people can have high character. But generally speaking, the main points of character are built through life experiences. Consistency, keeping your word, reflection, empathy, humility and hard work are just a few of things that make up character which needs to be built and taught.

I'm not perfect. I lack empathy and am not always nice, but I try to improve every day.

Especially when I'm not old. I would rather just be called a prick. I guess your right about the insult rule being one sided. However, I'm ok with it. I don't have thin skin.
What I find hilarious, (I busted out when I read Bill's post) is that Bill was one of the ones complaining about the "insults"... LMFAO...

Look at threads 68 to 89.
Echo.
We welcome other perspectives….
Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

I just think that the concept of people having a different outlook and viewpoint has become increasingly lost in the shuffle.
And the idea of give and take, listening, disagreeing but allowing those divergent views, is becoming a lost art.
And we’re not the better for it.

Another issue is that disagreeing with people now becomes an insult. What defines an insult? the social justice warriors take it as an insult if you contradict their views or point out something irrational. For example, one dude was worried about COVID but admitted to having a regular diet of fast food, and other foods high in sodium, cholestoral, and sugar content. When pointed out that the diet was a far more greater health concern statistically than covid, it was taken as insult and "weaponizing" the conversation.

When someone moves a contrary comment directed at a subject to a derogatory comment directed at a specific poster they are bordering on insulting. You can say almost anything as long as you do not direct your comments towards a specific poster or group.

Ex:
I think global warming is a big hoax. (Acceptable)
Tommy, you're an idiot if you believe global warming is a hoax. (Insult)

The only people who get vaccines are idiots. (Insult)
I think any evidence that supports the idea vaccines work is BS. (Acceptable)

Thread zap coming in 3,2,1

Why would you think this thread would be locked? The discussions are civil, no one is insulting anyone else. Conversations can get heated and remain civil.

When Jerry took over the site and hired me to run the forums, I am not sure we would have a Locker Room/Everything But Sports forum if DFS had not agreed to moderate it. I wanted someone who had been a part of the LR culture, opiniated or not I have great confidence in DFS' ability to separate his moderating hat from his poster hat.

Why would you think this thread would be locked? The discussions are civil, no one is insulting anyone else. Conversations can get heated and remain civil.

When Jerry took over the site and hired me to run the forums, I am not sure we would have a Locker Room/Everything But Sports forum if DFS had not agreed to moderate it. I wanted someone who had been a part of the LR culture, opiniated or not I have great confidence in DFS' ability to separate his moderating hat from his poster hat.
Experience, I guess.

I agree the conversations are civil and mostly not insulting. Even if I do get insulted, I'm good with it. However, that's not the way it normally goes. Anyway, wrong is wrong and I missed that one. My bad.

I think any evidence that supports the idea that Covid occurred naturally is BS.

It is convenient to say that its settled but clearly there are still those that think otherwise.

With gain of function research, not sure why people were so dismissive that it was a lab leak, accidental or not. The backlash against people who questioned that it was organic was weird... especially early on when there was alot that was unknown about the virus...

Personally, I think it was let out.
I dunno…. You mean the same regime that was responsible for the deaths of 30 million of its own citizens might’ve released a biological weapon… seems far fetched, almost tin foilish. I’m going with wet market on this one.

• Haha
Reactions: trunole1 and F4Gary
I am gonna sit back and watch the Covid scientists work their magic.
Do you really believe that all this just happened naturally with no input from anyone? An airborne virus naturally occurred in a town that just so happened to have a research facility that studied these viruses. A research facility that the US and many countries were doing gain of function research in. You don't have to be a covid scientist (if there is such a thing) to see that it seems a little questionable at best.

I'm not dogging you I'm honestly wondering what your opinion is.

Do you really believe that all this just happened naturally with no input from anyone? An airborne virus naturally occurred in a town that just so happened to have a research facility that studied these viruses. A research facility that the US and many countries were doing gain of function research in. You don't have to be a covid scientist (if there is such a thing) to see that it seems a little questionable at best.

I'm not dogging you I'm honestly wondering what your opinion is.
That dawg is worn out. I have no interest in discussing Covid. None. I suffered for two or three days with it. Lost a best friend due to it.
Y’all can run with yet more discussion long into the night…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT