ADVERTISEMENT

Woohoo, Jameis formally threatens to sue CNN

Im watching, nothing to be scared of, I'm curious.

ND and UNC are taking it on the chin the most so far.

Reactions: nynole1
I didn't see a dot on Tallahassee for those who are watching...that or they don't know where Tallahassee is located...because it did appear that Lake City had a dot.

Thought it was a dumb strategy. CNN was never going to cave do all you do is look like you're scared of the movie being aired.

I would've piggybacked on the Harvard people who were complaining about the movie.

Don't be so sure. they made a statement before it aired admitting it was one sided. In other words, admitted it was not a documentary.

There hasn't been much on FSU except a few shots of the school, but there has been one girl in the film from FSU who I have never heard of before and it's not Kinsman.

So I forget this criznap was on and I was trying to see an update on the Belguim situation and I was right at the Jameis %**^. I watched five minutes of the lies, laughed kind of sardonically and changed the channel.

Pretty ironic that it airs on the day where he lights up the record books. He deserves better treatment than what the media has done to him, and he should sue. There is no excuse for laziness and poor effort.

He does deserve better. But all suing does is keep this horrible film in the news cycle a little longer.

The people who think he did this will always think he did it. They're not watching this film hoping to find out if he did. They're stepping into the echo chamber to validate the feelings they already have. If facts in print, multiple failures to charge, this girl's checkered reputation, and the wonderful reputation he's developed in a short time as a professional hasn't changed their mind, nothing will.

This will be settled in court between the two parties and then he can go live his life. She'll have to live with her conscience the rest of her life.

They tried to cover themselves with a disclaimer before the movie started along the lines of the movie is one sided, but we'll have a panel discussion looking at ALL sides after the movie.

I doubt Jameis sues CNN.

Suing an individual is one thing. Suing an entire organization is the big leagues.

CNN is owned by Time Warner. They probably have an army of corporate lawyers. It's justifiable, but will probably be fruitless in the end.

Reactions: BrianNole09
Just hope none of our fans watched it. We need to leave it be. The more attention it gets, the better ratings, the more money..... Kinda wish Jameis lawyers hadn't drawn attention to it. Doubt many would have known it was airing or what it was about.

Reactions: jpicc21
We can only hope Winston gets a decent amount of coverage if he wins his defamation lawsuit against her.

I can't imagine how frustrating that situation is for him, but there isn't much he can do. He can't win a war against the entire media apparatus. CNN is far from the only culprit in this.

I genuinely tried to watch the film in its entirety with an open mind. I honestly did, and thought parts of the film were powerful and emotional. With that said, I found Ms. Kinsman to be far and away the least credible of any of the women interviewed. I hate to say it, but I just did not believe her.

Reactions: BrianNole09
He does deserve better. But all suing does is keep this horrible film in the news cycle a little longer.

The people who think he did this will always think he did it. They're not watching this film hoping to find out if he did. They're stepping into the echo chamber to validate the feelings they already have. If facts in print, multiple failures to charge, this girl's checkered reputation, and the wonderful reputation he's developed in a short time as a professional hasn't changed their mind, nothing will.

This will be settled in court between the two parties and then he can go live his life. She'll have to live with her conscience the rest of her life.

I agree with you. It's easy to say he should sue but it's probably unlikely that he will because you're right-- it won't change pre conceived perceptions. Still, it would be satisfying if he won.

One of my Gator friends who is a conservative just posted on Facebook that she refuses to watch any liberal garbage on CNN even though its against FSU. I gave her major props.

Reactions: Nolefan19 and CJRN
Interesting they had a blurb from Bobby Bowden in there. Also Gene's call "the promised land" on a TD call. Really CNN !!!!!!!!

Anyone who wants to keep informed avoids CNN. Clintons' News Network reporting follows Clintons' scruples: Avoid the truth at all cost and make up bold-face lies whenever they provide more favorable results.

CNN is still blabbing JW's name on the after show. Let's see if they try to smooth over things...

She started the story out at saying she was at PotBelly's and that someone was stalking her there. She said that some guy stepped up and said he was her boyfriend so that the stalker would go away.

From there she blacked out, right up to the point that she was being "raped". She remembered everything from that point on.

Said the TPD did nothing the day after to follow up leads.

Had Willie Meggs saying that he believed something bad happened that night but that he did not have enough evidence to prosecute.

I don't remember them speaking ill towards the university, but they did have some guy talking about how much revenue the football team generated. And had a clip of the old president immediately after the National Championship game saying he was happy.

It really looked bad on Jameis. I mean, it looked real bad....at least to those who don't know the truth.

That's all I got...I was chasing a 9 month old baby around while watching. So that I don't have better details.

Wow. And they just rotate pics of Winston in the background while Rachel Nichols talks about stuff

I watched the show with an open mind. Certainly one sided when talking about everything, and especially Erica.

When she said she was in the cab and these other guys where also in there.. She failed to mention that one of them text her from outside Potbellys (after she gave him her number) to see if she wanted to come. She showed that text to her girlfriend and the girlfriend said if you want to go, go ahead.

Film didn't mention that.

She also claimed that one of his roommates came in the room and told them to stop. She failed to mentioned she got up and shut the door for more privacy and was ok for going into the bathroom because the door could lock.

Also, a blabbering excuse as to why she would ride on the back of a scooter with a guy that just "raped" her.

Even CNN wouldn't let her lie and say she was drugged..

Even CNN wouldn't let her lie and say she was drugged..

FSU and Jameis were ripped good in the two hours that followed the film. Thrasher and FSU attorneys need to go after them with everything they have!

You guys that watch are just helping CNN's ratings. Shame on you.

Ignore it. It's over. Kinsman lost. Time to move on.

IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT