ADVERTISEMENT

Wyatt Rector

minvikfan1

Seminole Insider
Jul 2, 2007
Roanoke Virginia
For those that don't know, Wyatt will be here in a couple weeks as a Grey shirt walk-on QB from Western Michigan. He is trying to get a waiver to be eligible this year and if so, he will be on scholarship. Anyway, TOS has a free podcast where they did a 45 minute interview with him. I was listening on my way to work but could only listen to the first 20 minutes. I was kind of surprised by some of his comments. First, he called James Blackman, Justin Blackman. He then called him a "pretty decent QB". I know James may be a decent QB but It was shocking to hear it from a player who is fixing to be his teammate. He also talks about his one year at Western Michigan and why he transferred. His OC left for Texas Tech a week after he signed with WMU, and never hit it off or felt he got a chance with the new OC. He said his feelings were hurt after talking with the head coach. The head coach said he would call other schools to help him transfer and tried to move him to another position. It was just an odd listen, and one where I can see why coaches restrict players from talking to the media. But, since he isn't enrolled yet, FSU could not stop it.

Reactions: Bellis30
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News