ADVERTISEMENT

Yearly article- Tallahassee man missing (Mike Williams)

This is how I remember them:
Denise/ Ansley/ Mike

tYWxDKr.jpg

The only problem I have after reading the above theries is how the heck does someone get 20 years for pulling the trigger.

He would actually get zero years for pulling the trigger. The 20 years was for kidnapping Denise.

Sometimes prosecutors are left with this scenario:

1-Never arrest anybody for the crime

Or

2-Give one scumbag immunity to testify, so that you at least get one person charged

They obviously weren't solving this (or prosecuting) without him, so he kind of held the cards. He probably made an immunity deal and they took it so they could close the case.

But my apologies if I misunderstood your post.

Did she happen to tell you "who" those people are or did you know any by name? I don't want to go there on a public forum, but they all have been questioned numerous times and it would be very weird if law enforcement all of a sudden changed their mind about involvement. Like I said, if you know who they are, it makes you wonder what's going on and what BW told them.

JCSO and FDLE had already concluded the "scene" at Lake Seminole was staged. The waders were new and not his. The boat was on the wrong side of the lake. He was parked too far away from the landing to have launched his boat. Etc.. So that raises the question, why did they have to stage a scene at Lake Seminole if he was killed there? How did they "lay in wait" for him at Lake Seminole? I have no other facts, but this new story leaves me scratching my head.

She did say some names, only one stood out that I can remember + the drug cartel....; I'll send you a private message

I'm not saying the 18 years makes it less guilt. I'm just saying at this point the evidence gathering is a lot different than if someone pointed the finger at someone else for a crime that occurred 6 months ago.

None of that motive and cirumstantial evidence are new. The only thing new is that they found a skeleton and someone willing to testify that they committed the murder and their ex wife who they kidnapped helped....
Well that's pretty significant.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
She did say some names, only one stood out that I can remember + the drug cartel.
Related to the (Crutchfield) drug ring recently busted off Baum Rd? Sorry that's the only cartel-ish thing I remember around here.

While doing the work watercooler talk about this today one of my coworkers said he heard/thought it was Winchester who was obsessed with the wife and took out Mike hoping to get closer to Denise. Seems hard to believe it would all work out according to his plan like that, for a few years anyway.

I have no personal knowledge about this, but all of the "indicators" suggest to me that Winchester is shooting all of his bullets (pardon the pun). Tim Jansen is Winchester's lawyer, and certainly knows how Tallahassee works. I'll bet someone a cold beer that he is "involved" in making sure various forms of pressure are brought to bear on the wife (knowing that an immunity deal is cooking for himself, of course).

""Will be interesting to see what kind of defen$e $he can afford to put on. Not sure how much of the $2MM is left.""

Sex for defense can go a long way.....

I don’t know where she and her counsel will have sex.....she is going to be in jail until the trial. You thinking conjugal visit???

Wasn't Casey Anthony incarcerated the whole time? Rumors has it she paid Baez with some poonanny.

No, she was ultimately given bail. The incidents you refer to were alleged by a private investigator who claimed he saw the shananigans in Baez’s office.

I see that she has hired Ethan Way. He is a capable lawyer. I can only presume she still has some money. He may be willing to take a haircut on his fee because the exposure in this case will be phenomenal. Should be an interesting case.....Leon County prosecutors are not the best, but Denise portrays horribly. Way will clean her up, but can he make her seem like a victim? Not sure.

This is going to be a great Trial, and I bet it gets national attention.

If it does get national attention she will get a great defense and it will be pro bono....This kind of exposure for a law firm is once in a lifetime.

I'm pretty sure I read that she worked at FSU comptroller's office.

This. Would love to know when she was hired, and who hired her. She has been a suspect in this mess for a long time. FSU is getting some pretty unflattering exposure over her arrest (filmed at Doak, no less)...read all of the (many) stories about this case and then go to the “comments” sections. Some of the quips are pretty funny, but others make you wonder how this radioactive woman ever got a FSU job in the first place.

Still listed on the FSU website. Dmwinchester@fsu.edu. 850-645-6594. I wonder how long this will remain active??

Last edited:
Reactions: squiffynole
This. Would love to know when she was hired, and who hired her. She has been a suspect in this mess for a long time. FSU is getting some pretty unflattering exposure over her arrest (filmed at Doak, no less)...read all of the (many) stories about this case and then go to the “comments” sections. Some of the quips are pretty funny, but others make you wonder how this radioactive woman ever got a FSU job in the first place.

Still listed on the FSU website. Dmwinchester@fsu.edu. 850-645-6594. I wonder how long this will remain active??
Its just my sick curiosity but I wonder why they apprehended her at her workplace and took her away in a FSU police car?

Its just my sick curiosity but I wonder why they apprehended her at her workplace and took her away in a FSU police car?

It seems to me the whole takedown had been well-planned. She was arrested less than a half-hour after the Grand Jury indicted her. Hard to imagine the “coordination” between FSU police and the Leon County folks happened that quickly. But who knows? I too was surprised to see an FSU cop involved in the actual takeaway. Honestly don’t know how the inter-jurisdictional thing works. But it seems to me that the indictment was well-expected by the state, and that it was ready to immediately pounce. Lots of TV cameras and photographers conveniently on-site to capture the perp walk.

I have seen reports that Denise was cold and snarky to investigators during their questioning, so that surely added to their zeal in getting her arrested.

Last edited:
You and Gwinnett are on this - thank you for the insights.

@GwinnettNole is the man. I am just passing through. But once I saw this woman’s mug shot — and the perp walk — I knew immediately she was guilty. This is going to make a hell of a movie. But what a horrible event for the daughter, Mike’s mother and Denise’s parents (assuming they are still alive).

Reactions: GwinnettNole
@GwinnettNole is the man. I am just passing through. But once I saw this woman’s mug shot — and the perp walk — I knew immediately she was guilty. This is going to make a hell of a movie. But what a horrible event for the daughter, Mike’s mother and Denise’s parents (assuming they are still alive).

I honestly don’t have a lot of insights other than talking with Mike’s mother as I was good friends with Mike in early 90’s. Mike and I lost contact when I graduated FSU and moved to Atlanta.
When I found out that he died, from day one Mike’s mother never believed the alligator story. She spent the next few years putting up fliers and picket signs on the side of the road. Everyone thought she was crazy. Never mess with a mother looking for answers on what happened with her kids. She was never going to give up.

Mike was a very nice guy and used to do whatever he needed to do to take care of Denise. It seemed like she was someone that by definition had every “privilege” imaginable. Private schooling, family that watched out for her, educated and well liked parents...picture perfect image. Jeeez never believe what you see on the outside...when Dateline NBC comes to Tallahassee it’s going to put the small town coffers of T-town on the map like we never seen before.

Last edited:
I honestly don’t have a lot of insights other than talking with Mike’s mother as I was good friends with Mike in early 90’s. We lost contact when I graduated FSU and moved to Atlanta.
When I found out that he died, from day one Mike’s mother never believed the alligator story. She spent the next few years putting up fliers and picket signs on the side of the ride. Everyone thought she was crazy. Never mess with a mother looking for answers on what happened with her kids. She was never going to give up.

Mike was a very nice guy and used to do whatever he needed to take care of Denise. It seemed like she was someone that by definition had every “privilege” imaginable. Private schooling, family that watched out for her, educated and well liked parents...picture perfect image. Jeeez never believe what you see on the outside...when Dateline NBC comes to Tallahassee it’s going to put the small town coffers of T-town on the map like we never seen before.

The only “winner” here will be Denise’s lawyer. He will likely be paid a small fortune — especially if Denise’s parents have money — and get some incredible exposure on top of that. Will be interesting to watch her transformation from “privileged girl” to convict.....that change never goes well.

Time to start casting the movie.

I must have missed it, but did someone say they found a body? Anyone have a link to that, did they determine that it was his remains?

I must have missed it, but did someone say they found a body? Anyone have a link to that, did they determine that it was his remains?
They did. It was identified as Mike and it was determined death was result of homicide.
No further details but it is interesting that body was located shortly after second husbands arrest for kidnapping Denise.

Where did they find the body?

I thought it was on the lake but I guess it was not??????

Wow.
Don't live in Tally anymore but went to high school with them. Knew all the siblings and in 2 of the cases the families. Knowing all of them this has all been shocking for the last 17 yrs.

In Tallahassee off Meridian (I believe is what I read)
Same small road Rachel Hoffman was killed on. He was buried at the end of Gardner Rd.

The two Tally murder cases that got national attention and both involved this narrow short little road.

Yep. At the end of Gardner Rd. on Lake Carr.
Brian managed some duck leases around there and likely knew that was a spot a lot of people go to dump deer carcasses, so nobody would really notice the smell of death.
I fish Carr and so I am very familiar with the area. It's a good dead end dumping spot, but the only problem is what if a car came down that road while they were burying him? They wouldn't have much time to react based on the layout of the road.

I guess they could've parked off to the side a little but it's not a huge area and if a cop happened to drive down there (They do to catch people doing drugs etc) they were busted.

From TDO:

Mike Williams’ body was found Oct. 18, buried in six feet of muck near the primitive boat landing at the dead end of Gardner Road in north Leon County, a law enforcement source told the Tallahassee Democrat.

FDLE officials would not confirm how Williams was killed, only that evidence proved conclusively he was murdered. The source said his body and clothing were still intact. He was wearing cold weather gloves on his hands and outdoor booties on his feet.

On Oct. 12, acting on new information, FDLE investigators began work to excavate Gardner Road landing. Leon County Public Works officials first cleared the heavily wooded area of trees and installed water dams and pumps to hold back adjacent Carr Lake.

They were looking not far from where 10 years ago this week, Tallahassee Police confidential informant Rachel Hoffman was killed. When that drug sting went fatally wrong, Mike Williams’ body had been buried there for nearly eight years.

For the next five days, county workers, FDLE investigators, cadaver dogs and their handlers – about 30 people and dogs in all – worked up to 16 hours a day sifting and searching through thick mud, dumping scoop after backhoe scoop onto 10 huge sheets of plywood.

A few neighbors ventured near the area, curious what was going on, but they were satisfied with the explanation that all the activity was just part of a training exercise.

“How was it kept a secret? By the grace of God,” the law enforcement source said. “There is literally no other explanation.”

Not even the workers operating the machinery knew initially what they were looking for. Just the man running the bucket figured it out by the end. They were digging for that boy who’d gone missing while hunting all those years ago.

The work was arduous. Holding back the lake was a constant challenge. Water moccasins and eels menaced the 9-foot deep holes that quickly filled with murky water.

“It was a nasty, wicked place,” the source said.

By Oct 18, Public Works officials were ready to call it quits. FDLE was set to hire a private company to continue the work when they finally found Williams. Two DNA tests proved it was him.

“About 98 percent of his bones were recovered,” said the source. The remains were “very well preserved.”

636494440127901313-IMG-0050.JPG
636494440716025083-IMG-0026.JPG

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT