ADVERTISEMENT

You are no longer under Oath:

ReliableOstrich

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2002
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/11/verizon-renames-oath-to-verizon-media-group.html

Verizon changing name of its peculiarly named Oath: division, comprised of former AOL and Yahoo entities (including Rivals), to the much more straight-forward (if not boring) Verizon Media Group.

Anyway, the above is an interesting quick read on where Verizon Media Group fits into the broader VZW in terms of strategy and revenues.

I still haven't clicked Accept on those new Terms of Service here or in their Fantasy Sports app. Never took the Oath.

"Oathkeeper"

screen-shot-2016-06-13-at-4-37-08-am.jpg

Reactions: nynole1
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/11/verizon-renames-oath-to-verizon-media-group.html

Verizon changing name of its peculiarly named Oath: division, comprised of former AOL and Yahoo entities (including Rivals), to the much more straight-forward (if not boring) Verizon Media Group.

Anyway, the above is an interesting quick read on where Verizon Media Group fits into the broader VZW in terms of strategy and revenues.

I still haven't clicked Accept on those new Terms of Service here or in their Fantasy Sports app. Never took the Oath.

I never did and never will either. I'll stop frequenting anything that website that makes you sign up for something like this.

The webhodgepodge f.k.a. Oath continues to limp along.

"Tim Armstrong, who was the chief evangelist for Oath’s media strategy, left the company recently, as did Lowell McAdam, the Verizon CEO who pushed through the mergers. As many have noted, McAdam’s replacement, Hans Vestberg, hasn’t expressed much enthusiasm for the media business. He may try to sell Oath or allow it to continue limping along, but chances are he’s not going to invest more money into the venture." -- NYMag

Not sure if you folks have visited Yahoo Sports or Finance lately but holy crap, the UI is awful. Straight out of 2004. These are the last two useful parts of the old Yahoo and they're an embarrassment. Wouldn't even cost that much to fix, seems to be common across the Oath portfolio.

The webhodgepodge f.k.a. Oath continues to limp along.

"Tim Armstrong, who was the chief evangelist for Oath’s media strategy, left the company recently, as did Lowell McAdam, the Verizon CEO who pushed through the mergers. As many have noted, McAdam’s replacement, Hans Vestberg, hasn’t expressed much enthusiasm for the media business. He may try to sell Oath or allow it to continue limping along, but chances are he’s not going to invest more money into the venture." -- NYMag

Not sure if you folks have visited Yahoo Sports or Finance lately but holy crap, the UI is awful. Straight out of 2004. These are the last two useful parts of the old Yahoo and they're an embarrassment. Wouldn't even cost that much to fix, seems to be common across the Oath portfolio.

Yahoo mail absolutely sucks compared to gmail. Very slow. I do have some old Yahoo accounts and keep my personal one there because I don't want google to have everything.

My email technically is AOL. Had Verizon which is still my email addy. Frontier bought them out in a few states and then went to AOL for their email server. I just didn't have to change my addy to aol.com.

Never took the Oath either. Ridiculous name.
Sounds like the name of some corporate data collection dragnet joint venture.

Who chooses these?!

I remember back in the 2001s PWC tried to rebrand its spun off management consulting group “Monday” they must’ve paid tens or hundreds of thousands to settle on naming themselves after the day of the week folks hate the most. Cray cray!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT