ADVERTISEMENT

You are stuck in a bomb shelter with 3 DVD's to watch........

Never thought it was bomb shelter worthy. Will give it another look.
Not the best ever, but if I'm going to be in the shelter for an extended period of time, I need movies I can watch over and over again. This fits that, as does ConAir, The Rock, Jack Reacher, John Wick, and other mindlessly entertaining movies.

Reactions: ericram and jim65
3 DVDs:
Kingdom of Heaven
Snatch
Room in Rome

Alternates on a thumb drive prison style:

Once Upon a Time in the West
Seabiscuit
The Four Feathers

dNesWd.jpg

Reactions: ericram
So I've been mulling this over and I need a second list (or 6 movies instead of 3)...

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Slapshot
Stripes

Saw this on twitter and thought the responses here would be hilarious, so here goes.....

You are forced to go in to a bomb shelter for a prolonged period. You can take 3 DVD's to watch while stuck down there, what are you taking?????

1. Die Hard
2. Major League
3. Jaws

The Godfather
Princess Bride
Sandlot

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Seven Days in May
The Professional ("Leon")
Great Expectations (1998 Alphonso Cuaron version)

- Gladiator/Armageddon (In my fantasy I found a double feature disk)
- Top Gun
- Superman TM

- Gladiator/Armageddon (In my fantasy I found a double feature disk)
- Top Gun
- Superman TM

Well since we're cheating now

I'd have:
1) A Coen Brothers Collection that at least has Oh Brother Where Art Thou, Big Lebowski, No Country for Old Men, Blood Simple, Raising Arizona, True Grit, Man Who Wasn't There, Fargo, Burn After Reading, Miller's Crossing and Barton Fink.
2) A Spielberg Collection that at least has Jaws, Jurassic Park, Saving Private Ryan, Jurassic World, Poltergeist (original), Goonies, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, all of the Indiana Jones movies even Crystal Skull, War of the Worlds, Minority Report, AI, ET, Hook, Duel, Gremlins, Back to the Future series, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Twister, and the Men in Black series.
3) Number three is where I get stuck. The Coen Brothers and Spielberg Collections are must haves for me, but at #3 I'm kind of in a tie between a complete Star Wars collection, a complete Star Trek collection, a Quentin Tarantino collection and a James Cameron Collection, but I'll go with a Ridley Scott Collection for diversity as it should have at least Alien, Legend, Blade Runner, Thelma and Louise, 1492, Black Hawk Down, Hannibal, Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven, Prometheus, Alien Covenant, and The Martian. For me it's a tough choice at number three.

Reactions: EconSean
If we get TV shows:

Friends
FireFly
BattleStar Galactica (new series)

I would definitely choose tv series simply for the hours you could waste so while I love Firefly and BattleStar Galactica I'd want something with that same rewatchability but with more seasons (that would also knock out Babylon 5 and the Original Series of Star Trek). So I'd probably do Star Trek TNG, the Original Twilight Zone and the Simpsons even though the last few years have been boring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT