ADVERTISEMENT

$3.89

Per-gallon gas price conversations are generally depressing. The conversations are typically motivated by political allegiance but expose people involved as those who do not budget properly, those who are affected by a minor budgetary fluctuation, or those who passively aggressively enjoy complaining, all descriptive of a person struggling.
Or not.

Reactions: NoleinATL

True it is a broad generalization on my part and I may read too much into the various conversations ( posts) about gas prices. The most ardent participants in the conversations, not this thread specifically, often seem to have an ulterior motive to want to discuss the cost of gas.

But you may be right, some people like to compare how much they pay for something with what others pay and gas is a common purchase which makes it easy to compare across the country.

Reactions: ChiefWB
I agree that it is an odd conversation that seems to always have an ulterior purpose. Before this thread, I honestly can’t remember the last time I though about the price of gas.

It’s all relative!

If you put the miles on each day it hurts!

If your a high dollar earner it may not hurt at all

My point on starting the thread I guess was based on how we’re pushing $4 per gallon and it seems ok to some

For folks struggling to purchase food, raise a family, pay mortgages etc it’s not just the price of gas alone but it all sucks when the costs of everything just keep rising

That’s all

But I keep forgetting everybody on EBS is sitting pretty!😜

Reactions: goldmom
Per-gallon gas price conversations are generally depressing. The conversations are typically motivated by political allegiance but expose people involved as those who do not budget properly, those who are affected by a minor budgetary fluctuation, or those who passively aggressively enjoy complaining, all descriptive of a person struggling.
Interesting take.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT