ADVERTISEMENT

4,000 yard season for Jameis Winston

Congrats to Jabo. Especially, with such a young OL and the number of injuries with the Bucs receiving corps. Would like to see the Bucs get a speed receiver to go along with their talker WR's.

This is a much more impressive stat considering all the issues that Tampa has on offense. Injuries and a very average offensive line limited what he was able to do. Congratulations to Jameis!

he doesn't need much more to beat Cam's record. Just not sure he will have enough time tonight to do it

Congrats to Jabo. Especially, with such a young OL and the number of injuries with the Bucs receiving corps. Would like to see the Bucs get a speed receiver to go along with their talker WR's.
Would love for them to get some wr who simply can catch the ball.

Evans and asj laid a lot of balls on the ground

Pretty good considering he has a below average OL, a fragile veteran receiver, a soft TE and prima Donna #1.

I watched almost all of Tampa's games. Winston had a good rookie season and has already proven to be a solid starting qb in the NFL.

The bucs need a lot of help. That is not a good team. The wrs were among the worst in the league mostly because of injuries.

Last edited:
For supposedly being a defensive guy Lovie's D was...HOT...TRASH.
Aside from a relatively solid LB unit there needs to be a complete personnel overhaul on that side of the ball. They were dominated throughout this season moreso than not. The team has a very long way to go as a whole which does speak to how incredibly impressive Jameis' season turned out with all of that in mind. Bucs GM Jason Licht has some serious work to do this offseason.

Considering how awful the bucs D is specifically their corners, this is a great accomplishment. Certainly less passing opportunities than other rookie qb's.

I'd like Tampa to bring in another stud DT and get some secondary help. They also need a solid WR and some help on the offensive line. A 6-10 season is a huge improvement over last year when you consider all the injuries this year. Jameis gets a ton of credit for that. Tampa isn't that far away from being a playoff team.

I'd be ok with trading the Evans and Jackson (if you can get anything for Jackson). Evans dropped a ridiculous amount of passes. Start over at that position.

Reactions: summit2001
Considering how awful the bucs D is specifically their corners, this is a great accomplishment. Certainly less passing opportunities than other rookie qb's.

How does having bad corners equate to less passing opportunities?

Reactions: Nolesmac1
Mike Evans missed time at the start of the season and may have set an NFL record for most drops in a season. Vincent Jackson has missed several games and ended the season on IR. Louis Murphy ended up on IR several games ago. And those are your top three receivers. On top of that, the best tight end Jenkins played in only 6 games. Then you have two rookies on the OL who seem to have a thing for false starting and holding and when they are not doing that, they are doing their best turnstile impression. Yeah, Winston throwing for 4,000 yds with that garbage is damn impressive! And to top it off, he finally called out some of the players after the game. It's Jameis team now. If you don't want to win, get the hell out of Tampa!!

Kid earned his respect the hard way, Cam definitely didn't have the criticism JW did/does. Luck obviously was never close to having any.

Tampa needs a speed wr that can catch like odell beckham.

However if they can get lequan treadwell then you cannot pass that up

Reactions: Jim Rustle
3rd rookie in NFL history to reach that mark.

He's very much like Jamarcus Russell.
Winston is already on the level of Cutler/Flaco/Ryan and I think he can make it to the next level. Rogers/Ben etc

For supposedly being a defensive guy Lovie's D was...HOT...TRASH.
Aside from a relatively solid LB unit there needs to be a complete personnel overhaul on that side of the ball. They were dominated throughout this season moreso than not. The team has a very long way to go as a whole which does speak to how incredibly impressive Jameis' season turned out with all of that in mind. Bucs GM Jason Licht has some serious work to do this offseason.
This is on point.

The Bucs are a bad team, which makes it that much more impressive what Jaboo was able to accomplish with this roster and the injuries his WR had. Certainly thankful Doug Martin had a resurgent season, without him Jameis would have been alone on offense.

I'm not even sure who they need to draft... every position other than QB (and LB, RB) is a position of need. I'd start with OL and DL and try to improve the WR through free agency.

Tampa needs a speed wr that can catch like odell beckham.

However if they can get lequan treadwell then you cannot pass that up
This is it exactly. Maybe a sammy watkins. I think he can be legit if he has someone to sling it to him. Him and Mike Evans...

Have watched every Bucs game this year. For the first time, JW didn't seem like JW. Seemed a bit tentative. Nevertheless -- the Jameis we all know and love showed up for the after game press conference. This is vintage Jameis and it's why he will lead that team to a much better record. As we all know, the Bucs need a lot (A LOT) of help. But they have a leader with amazing will and heart and he will lead them well.

Tampa needs to sign a receiver to replace the aging Vincent Jackson. There's some buzz that the Bucs are going to target Alshon Jeffrey in free-agency, as him and Lovie Smith have a good relationship from Smith's tenure in Chicago.

They need upgrades all across their defense however. Their secondary is garbage. They have no pass rush off the edge. They will need to draft DE and DB's in the first few rounds, and hopefully sign a big name guy in free agency.

This is on point.

The Bucs are a bad team, which makes it that much more impressive what Jaboo was able to accomplish with this roster and the injuries his WR had. Certainly thankful Doug Martin had a resurgent season, without him Jameis would have been alone on offense.

I'm not even sure who they need to draft... every position other than QB (and LB, RB) is a position of need. I'd start with OL and DL and try to improve the WR through free agency.
Tampa needs to sign a receiver to replace the aging Vincent Jackson. There's some buzz that the Bucs are going to target Alshon Jeffrey in free-agency, as him and Lovie Smith have a good relationship from Smith's tenure in Chicago.

They need upgrades all across their defense however. Their secondary is garbage. They have no pass rush off the edge. They will need to draft DE and DB's in the first few rounds, and hopefully sign a big name guy in free agency.
Definitely on board with all of what you guys have stated & in addition they need to find a way to resign Martin as that dude's the real deal as long as he can stay relatively healthy imo.

How does having bad corners equate to less passing opportunities?

This one baffled me as well? I would think that always being behind (because their defense sucked) he was throwing much more than they wanted to.

Reactions: NolaNole9
IMO the biggest position of need right now is secondary. I don't have the numbers in front of me but I'm willing to bet qb's had a higher rating against the Bucs than any other team. We made just about every qb look like a pro bowler. But then again we need pass rushers. If I was the Bucs GM and Ramsey or VH was still on the board at 9, I would take them. I think we can get a wideout in free agency but we need secondary help bad. Also the losing culture has to change. Jameis won't let these guys continue to be losers, I can guarantee you that.

This is a much more impressive stat considering all the issues that Tampa has on offense. Injuries and a very average offensive line limited what he was able to do. Congratulations to Jameis!

Calling that row of turnstiles a "very average" offensive line is way too kind!

Reactions: jgking83
Pretty good considering he has a below average OL, a fragile veteran receiver, a soft TE and prima Donna #1.

I agree but to be fair Cam and Luck didn't walk into contenders either. These teams had the #1 pick for a reason, just like the Bucs.

congrats to Winston for a very solid start.

I watched almost all of Tampa's games. Winston had a good rookie season and has already proven to be a solid starting qb in the NFL.

The bucs need a lot of help. That is not a good team. The wrs were among the worst in the league mostly because of injuries.

That and dropped passes from Evans ,

Reactions: Archetype
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT