ADVERTISEMENT

A good comparison?

summit2001

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Apr 28, 2003
Watching some of the videos and I'm probably thinking what most others are. . ."Man. . .Jaylin Lucas is small!" So, I went to compare him to one of the greatest "small" backs who ever played the game. . .Warrick Dunn.

Warrick Dunn's Bio has him at 5' 9" and 187 lbs when he left FSU

We have Lucas listed at 5' 9" and 175 lbs.

I was in school with Dunn, and he ran track with my roommate, so I had the opportunity to meet him and stand next to him a few times. I'm 6' and he sure seemed a bit smaller than 5' 9" when I stood next to him. He had stout legs, but I also wonder if the 187 was also a bit inflated.

A lofty comparison, no doubt. It seems in today's game a small back like that just would never get the opportunity to be a feature back. . .but could Lucas be a Dunn caliber player? Is his acceleration, shiftiness, and top end speed the same, or even better than Dunn's was? For the younger people on this board, go look up some of Dunn's highlights, he was electric and a joy to watch, he was also deceptively strong and could break out of some tackles that you wouldn't think he could.

There is only one ball, and a lot of playmakers to distribute it to, but I hope we can get him the ball quite a few times in a game, I feel he may have quite the highlight reel by season's end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.