ADVERTISEMENT

Amazon Prime Day.........

Funk#49

Starter
Nov 25, 2008
So what deals were had today? I'm just not into "stuff" anymore. I don't know when I became a minimalist but I just don't get into spending money anymore except for traveling and eating out. But, I'm sure there are some interesting things available.

So what deals were had today? I'm just not into "stuff" anymore. I don't know when I became a minimalist but I just don't get into spending money anymore except for traveling and eating out. But, I'm sure there are some interesting things available.
Funk, seems to be happening to me too the same way...thats a good thing, I hope it holds! lol

Everyone is jumping on-board with free shipping today. Other retailers are having big sales in the next few days as well I've heard.

Thought about picking up a couple extra pairs of Asic Kayanos as that's what I usually wear running. 30% is decent but I've seen better and am in no hurry.

I got some micro-fiber towels, and another Sous Vide machine ($139 this time instead of the $100 deal I got last time, but still better than $200)

Looks like there is a some backlash on the Twitter-sphere to the overall suckage of PrimeDay

Prime day was a huge fail in my opinion. It was basically one big yard sale. A few good deals but mostly useless crap.

Prime day was a huge fail in my opinion. It was basically one big yard sale. A few good deals but mostly useless crap.
Which is true for the lightning and daily deals in general for the last several months. I used to anxiously check the lightning deals a few times a day, but it's been months since I was remotely interested in something they had. Today was more of the same.

I notice they had several fire tablets and their new echo device. The echo looks interesting, but I'm not biting. I had an invitation to get one back in May and had it pre-ordered. Then, after reading some advance reviews I decided to cancel it.

Amazon has a fond place in my heart/wallet. They didn't need to do this over-hyped "event" which mislead a lot of newbie Prime members (most who were using the 30day free trial and then bailing after the PrimeDay anyways). Instead of advertising amazing deals and items, they should've just done a free one night delivery special and a bunch of gift card deals for future use.

Reactions: Bobcat07
I use Amazon way too often. It's my first and usually only stop when ever I need anything. But yesterday Wal-Mart won out. I got a 32 gig iPad mini 2 for $350.

I use Amazon way too often. It's my first and usually only stop when ever I need anything. But yesterday Wal-Mart won out. I got a 32 gig iPad mini 2 for $350.

I'm in the market for a 60"-65" TV, don't need any curved nonsense, just looking for a good deal. So Amazon Prime had a perfect TV in the perfect price point for me (not some up and coming brand either). Checked some reviews, was getting ready to buy it and decided to check Wal-Mart really quick. Not only was the TV cheaper by a $100 or so but it wasn't even on sale, regular priced.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT