ADVERTISEMENT

'Bama Alpha Phi 2015 Recruiting Video

JohnnieHolmesNole

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
The mainstream media is slamming this video.....all of the typical tripe (from thick-ankled Northeastern journalists) about "objectifying women" and "too homogenous." Wow. Seems like some solid, light-hearted footage to me. Time for FSU to return serve, I say.

I think these videos are silly but we're talking about kids raised in the Instagram era.

I doubt this would be a story if the group was more diverse. But it's a video of attractive white girls at a Southern university so it gets some folks riled up.

Navel gazers and bullying bloggers need their targets....Maybe they should go after these racists.

Alpha Phi 2015 The University of Arizona

University of Miami : Delta Gamma 2015

Ohio State Sorority | Pi Beta Phi

Gamma Phi Beta Texas A&M Recruitment

TRI DELTA SYRACUSE

UCLA with Kappa Alpha Theta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcyF3rFogCE

Last edited:
It was hard for me to understand why NBC targeted this one sorority at Bama. There are hundreds of these things out there, and the Bama footage seemed fairly par for the course. Whatever. FSU is probably next.

The WaPo had an article about how Southern Women/Greeks were all about wearing hoop skirts as a means of creating "insider" white exclusionary norms. The female who wrote it must have been an "outsider".
It is funny because there was a thread on here about two weeks ago reminiscing about the FSU yearbook from 1969 or 70 showing Old South and girls in hoop skirted costumes, one of the last times those were seen as part of a fraternity party. Of course ALL women in the time frame depicted wore hoop skirts. Even **gasp** non-Southern females. And sororities are hugely diverse in 2015.

The rush videos are of the moment and of course our own FSU Delta Gamma set the standard with the wildly popular video they did back in 2012/2013 which made them a YouTube sensation.

First male dweeb on here who trashes the DG's ends up with a severe limp...
Goldmom
DG Legend

The WaPo had an article about how Southern Women/Greeks were all about wearing hoop skirts as a means of creating "insider" white exclusionary norms. The female who wrote it must have been an "outsider".
It is funny because there was a thread on here about two weeks ago reminiscing about the FSU yearbook from 1969 or 70 showing Old South and girls in hoop skirted costumes, one of the last times those were seen as part of a fraternity party. Of course ALL women in the time frame depicted wore hoop skirts. Even **gasp** non-Southern females. And sororities are hugely diverse in 2015.

The rush videos are of the moment and of course our own FSU Delta Gamma set the standard with the wildly popular video they did back in 2012/2013 which made them a YouTube sensation.

First male dweeb on here who trashes the DG's ends up with a severe limp...
Goldmom
DG Legend

I can envision the female writer now: unattractive, poorly dressed, and socially challenged. That's OK, of course, but let's not mistake petty jealousy for some kind of alleged "intellectual deep thinking."

Maybe OP could link thread topic video?

The desire by so many to be constantly "offended" will never cease to amaze me..
Sadly...like hatred and racism this is mostly a learned response. Oh...wait....yeh I'm offended by that since you told me to be.

It may come down to a self perceived inadequacy ,unhappiness issue. Too few live and let live out there today.

Last edited:
Reactions: RTM58
Lol at the 957 views and only 23 replies. And are people really against this? Why would they remove this from their facebook/youtube?

I can only sit around ogling hot chicks for so long. Right now I'm at a couple of hours & don't seem to be at my limit, but I assume, at some point in the future, I will reach it.

Reactions: Bartdog
Lol at the 957 views and only 23 replies. And are people really against this? Why would they remove this from their facebook/youtube?

They're not, it's the "open minded tolerant" progressives that see racism, sexism and anti women messages in everything. According to the ranters, this video takes women back to the stone age, portrays an heterosexual message and is racist. I swear, the biggest racist, sexist and phobic people are the most "progressive". Because they judge everyone on the color of their skin, their sexuality and find ways to twist anything make by white men or women into something "shocking" to their "we're all victims" beliefs..

How anyone can watch that and see anything but hot, ditzy, southern girls having some good ol fashioned fun as nature intended is beyond me. Without them life would suck.

Last edited:
Little sisters.... good God.. I could only imagine.....

This was 1980s. Not what you think all though lots of guys got dates. One night they came by the house and brought us chocolate chip cookies after dinner for desert. We thought they were awesome. Later that night my buddy bangs on my door and tells me they were laced with ex-lax. It wasn't long before I was in the dorm bathroom with him. I actually recall that as a pledge prank that used the little sisters as a decoy because we never would have eaten anything from pledges.

Little sister rush was always a blast. Mostly they were a group of girls/women who sat in the football game block, came to intramural events, had some private parties etc. As I recall, each pledge got a big brother and later a big sister, and then had little brothers and little sisters as they got more senior. Fun times.

No one had an issue when sororities did it in California, Arizona, Ohio or even Florida. Now one from an ultra southern state does one and its attacked by Northeast snobs who likely were never in one yet feel the need to talk they are experts.

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT