ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball size hail

I know exactly where that is. When they say everything is big in Texas they were talking about the size of hail.
We were caught out once when a hail storm hit and when we got home our two cars parked in the driveway had together suffered about $9000 in damage.

I know exactly where that is. When they say everything is big in Texas they were talking about the size of hail.
We were caught out once when a hail storm hit and when we got home our two cars parked in the driveway had together suffered about $9000 in damage.
'95?

No but I recall that too, son and his girlfriend pulled into a parking garage to get out of the hail and the bottom level was flooding. He was a junior in HS

Hail No! There are bigger things other than in Texas. Only two thangs come from Texas.... And thank you for sharing your financial totals of your automotive damage. I think its a great informative way to conclude one's post. Is this where I should share my roof, house, plumbing, fence/tree damage, and PTSD totals from Lay Down Sally? The Cane that only moved 1 mph; making for a very pleasant, delightful, robust and exquisite evening on the Redneck Rivera. Have a magical day! :)

Reactions: BrianNole777
Lived in Ft Worth in 95. Wife's BMW totaled outside a restaurant! Just sat there and watched it happen. Once it started there was absolutely nothing you could do!
Yea, I was on a Hartford CT layover. When we checked in at AA Ops. they told us 60 airplanes were grounded at DFW because of hail. Then we realized our trucks were parked at DFW. Mine was totaled.

Yea, I was on a Hartford CT layover. When we checked in at AA Ops. they told us 60 airplanes were grounded at DFW because of hail. Then we realized our trucks were parked at DFW. Mine was totaled.
And not a rental car to be found. We had to go to Abilene to pick up a rental. Total zoo!

When I was a little boy we lived near Oklahoma City. One afternoon, we got a hail storm with baseball size hail and my mom had not brought in our dog. Neighbor happened to be home and he went out and grabbed our dog with his. Otherwise dog was going to get killed. It is one of my memories from that young age watching and hearing that size hail hitting the ground and the house.

Reactions: goldmom
We had a good one near PCB a month or so ago which is kinda rare. Wife's car got the pox pretty bad, I was on the other side of town and escaped.

Does insurance cover the vehicle damage?
Yes, comprehensive coverage. Had my current truck fixed for $4100 2 years ago. All paintless dent repair, only cost me my $100 deductible. Like having a windshield replaced.
Now I have a couple more dimples but I wait a while in case we get another big hail storm at my house.

Here in Flower Mound we had ping pong sized hail for about 45 minutes on Sunday evening. Many vehicles now have Texas pox here.
You live in Flower Mound too? Did not know that. We got 25 minutes straight Sunday night starting with golf ball size, then baseball, then some softball size. I just redid my roof 2 months ago. The roofers were door to door Monday morning in a swarm here in Bridlewood. They now have roofer signs in a slew of yards. Everyone is cashing in on new roofs to be paid for by the insurance companies. Crazy stuff.

You live in Flower Mound too? Did not know that. We got 25 minutes straight Sunday night starting with golf ball size, then baseball, then some softball size. I just redid my roof 2 months ago. The roofers were door to door Monday morning in a swarm here in Bridlewood. They now have roofer signs in a slew of yards. Everyone is cashing in on new roofs to be paid for by the insurance companies. Crazy stuff.
When I started out in the HOA Management field I had several communities in Flower Mound.
Villages of Northshore, Cedar Bluff and two or three other small ones. This was back in 1999-2002. I was out there 2-3 days a week before being moved over to Coppell/Valley Ranch/Las Colinas.
My company used to manage Bridlewood. Small world!

We lived in Bridlewood from 2000-2006. Great neighborhood. I'm about 7 minutes away from you.

Reactions: Noleington Russell
When I started out in the HOA Management field I had several communities in Flower Mound.
Villages of Northshore, Cedar Bluff and two or three other small ones. This was back in 1999-2002. I was out there 2-3 days a week before being moved over to Coppell/Valley Ranch/Las Colinas.
You wouldn't recognize the place.

I'm sorry, but when I think of the name Flower Mound, my warped and somewhat distorted mind goes elsewhere. And therapy hasn't worked. Something about fixed delusions of grandeur, I was told. Insight and awareness can only take you so far. Good Night Seattle!
Frasier Crane, and I'm no longer listening..... :)

The pictures coming out of Perryton, TX look apocalyptic. And there was softball size hail!

The pictures coming out of Perryton, TX look apocalyptic. And there was softball size hail!
Perryton is where my MIL was born and raised. Tiny little place high up in the northern Texas prairie. Sorry to hear about this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT